Are you a tech company or a transportation company? Either way... WHAT?

Stevie The magic Unicorn

So...

Uber taxi went live Friday around Noonish,

After turning in for the day i start to look for the rate card for UberTaxi.

I send a support ticket, i figure it's a broken link. They have to be able to tell me what the per-mile and per-minute rates are for uberTaxi. (as well as whatever the heck uber is taking out of the fare, the minimum trip info ect.

"we are escalating this"

So... I get connected to payment whatever (the ones who adjust fares) and you have to ESCALATE this?

I didn't think it would be that hard to decipher, But apparently it is...

I think either a tech company or a transportation company can... explain what the basis is for generating my pay. As well as what uber... takes? (ok this is a little fuzier)

I'm a loss here, see what you guys can make out of this.
Post automatically merged:

Attachments

• E5FDF88C-9E87-4AFC-AC41-C5B99C82FEAE.png
    E5FDF88C-9E87-4AFC-AC41-C5B99C82FEAE.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 9F3EEC4E-F5E8-419C-A935-F9D71DCC9B44.png
    9F3EEC4E-F5E8-419C-A935-F9D71DCC9B44.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 107
  • DEABAEC6-B948-47CF-A958-4157239EA170.png
    DEABAEC6-B948-47CF-A958-4157239EA170.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 108

Taxi2Uber

Is this serious?
I know you don't know the difference between "your" and "you're", but are you saying you can't calculate the per mile/minute rates based on the information provided?
wow.

OrlUberOffDriver

UberTAXI drivers get a Base Fare of $2.40 and $2.40 per mile. That is it.
Rider minimum fare is $4.80
So, FUber based on this example you posted gets:
$4.80 - $3.46 = $1.34( that is more than 28%)

Another Uber Driver

what the heck is Uber Taxi???

If the user chooses Uber Taxi, he gets a genuine, unadulterated, real-life, properly licenced, checked-out-by-law-enforcement, know-where-it-is-going TAXICAB.

Uber Taxi is available only in a few markets: Boston; Washington, D.C.; Chicago, Portland, Oregon; Honolulu; Montréal; Berlin, Sydney, Australia; Inchon and Seoul, Korea and places in Israel (Tel Aviv, Haifa Harbour, Jerusalem, to name a few).

I drive Uber Taxi, in addition to UberX. I have a different car for each one..

If you will read some of the older posts on tips, from before Uber implemented platform wide tipping, you will see some mention of tips on Uber Taxi and how it was the only level of Uber on which the tip was "included". In reality, when the customer signed up for Uber, regardless of where he was, a page would ask him how much he wanted to tip on Uber Taxi. Most people did not read this carefully, thus, they assumed that the tip was "included" on all levels of Uber. If the customer did nothing, it defaulted to twenty per-cent, but ONLY on Uber Taxi.

To @Stevie The magic Unicorn , Original Poster:

Is Uber Taxi in Orlando calculating fares based on the GPS? This is not how it does this anywhere else in North America. In The Capital of Your Nation, the driver keys in the meter fare at the end of the trip. Uber pays to the driver the meter fare plus whatever tip the customer gives. Uber charges the user a flat two dollar "user fee". The two dollar fee is no big deal in the Capital of Your Nation, as it has cost extra to call a cab there since the 1920s. The current fee for calling a cab in the District of Columbia is two dollars.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Well we use tablets for doing our fares anyway...

So like... potato potato honestly.

I ran both at the same time to compare and Uber has a higher min and they “tick” differently.

The taxi tics in increments of 60c while Uber constantly runs.

Oh and I’m getting a higher per mile rate than Uber select for Orlando so...

Boca Ratman

Well we use tablets for doing our fares anyway...

So like... potato potato honestly.

I ran both at the same time to compare and Uber has a higher min and they “tick” differently.

The taxi tics in increments of 60c while Uber constantly runs.

Oh and I’m getting a higher per mile rate than Uber select for Orlando so...
according to the rider app Taxi is a 2.40 base fare and 2.40 per mile and no time charge

looks like you are paying. 28% commission to uber.

Screenshot_20190421-121332_Calculator.jpg
Screenshot_20190421-121303_Calculator.jpg

1.68/mile

2Cents

So...

Uber taxi went live Friday around Noonish,

After turning in for the day i start to look for the rate card for UberTaxi.

I send a support ticket, i figure it's a broken link. They have to be able to tell me what the per-mile and per-minute rates are for uberTaxi. (as well as whatever the heck uber is taking out of the fare, the minimum trip info ect.

"we are escalating this"

So... I get connected to payment whatever (the ones who adjust fares) and you have to ESCALATE this?

I didn't think it would be that hard to decipher, But apparently it is...

I think either a tech company or a transportation company can... explain what the basis is for generating my pay. As well as what uber... takes? (ok this is a little fuzier)

I'm a loss here, see what you guys can make out of this.
Aren’t they supposed to pay you for the insurance or are they keeping that as the booking fee?

ANT 7

"If the user chooses Uber Taxi, he gets a genuine, unadulterated, real-life, properly licenced, checked-out-by-law-enforcement, know-where-it-is-going Uber."

This is what you get when you order an UberX in my market. Order a taxi in my market though, and if your vehicle actually arrives on time, you get an @@@@@@@ driver who will long haul you (if he takes the trip that is) and then suddenly his credit card machine "won't work" when you need to pay the fare.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

Yeah i finally got confirmation,

The rate I personally get.. is base $1.728 and $1.728 a mile,, and a minimum $3.46

Which puts Ubertaxi in at more money (that i can use towards expenses) than any level of service in Orlando that one can sign up for without commercial insurance.