• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Are you a DF Jedi?

Adieu

Sure

Screenshot_2017-02-22-21-19-22-1.png

Btw DF tomorrow is midnight, not 4/5am for some reason.

Good stuff for overnight drivers, can squeeze 6-10 (3x2 L & 2x2 U) uses out of it in one shift sometimes

IUBERYoU

I would start in SM and wait for 3.0x surge during rush hour. Set the DF to Pomona and only accept pool. Hopefully you keep getting matches and maintain the 3.0x all the way. If you get a direct hit, turn on stop new request. Doesn't have to be

For $30? Nice surge down there.
"If you get a direct hit?" What does that mean? Thanks.

UberZone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Depends.

If you're trying for a $100 Select call, no, not so much

If you're trying to get back to OC without doing UberX, ditto
Actually made it back to Sherman Oaks today with the DF set to Woodland Hills so I guess it sorta works (with some extra effort that can get annoying).. Took a couple of shorties and a few pool requests that I ignored before the final pick-up at UCLA hospital..

If ignoring poo requests while the DF is enabled works, then I guess that's another good way to cherry pick and weed thru all the Poo!

Adieu

Actually made it back to Sherman Oaks today with the DF set to Woodland Hills so I guess it sorta works (with some extra effort that can get annoying).. Took a couple of shorties and a few pool requests that I ignored before the final pick-up at UCLA hospital..

If ignoring poo requests while the DF is enabled works, then I guess that's another good way to cherry pick and weed thru all the Poo!
No, 2 or 3 skips and it'll waste your DF uses (unless you have switchable XL or Select only profiles, but then you don't get pool unless you want it already)

UberZone

No, 2 or 3 skips and it'll waste your DF uses (unless you have switchable XL or Select only profiles, but then you don't get pool unless you want it already)
Was the only DF I used today cause I had to cut the day short for other obligations.

What I'm asking is, when you're already in DF mode, ignoring pool pings from potential school kids going 2 miles won't make a difference on your acceptance rate, right?

Adieu

Was the only DF I used today cause I had to cut the day short for other obligations.

What I'm asking is, when you're already in DF mode, ignoring pool pings from potential school kids going 2 miles won't make a difference on your acceptance rate, right?
Not sure, but who cares???

Now the part where you'll lose your DF, that IS significant.

LA Dispatcher

Don't forget it expires in 1 hour if you do a pickup. Also don't turn off the DF if you get a shortie at an event, go back and recycle the same one.

UberZone

This technique worked great last night Adieu

Ended up using 3 x DF's during various surge hours between 7pm - 3am, which put an additional $114.38 in my pocket (in 2 hours) versus the $99 that I had already grinded out with all these nickel and dime rides in the previous 6 daytime hours before that!

Some of the surges were smaller (ranging from 1.5x-2.4x) but nothing really hit big til around 2:30am, which by that time I was all the way out in Woodland Hills at the end of an 8 hour shift with no more DF's in the tank..

Was a good homework assignment never the less as I can only imagine picking up a Venice to Hollywood ride with the DF set in a 3.5x + surge!

Sure

View attachment 99791

Btw DF tomorrow is midnight, not 4/5am for some reason.

Good stuff for overnight drivers, can squeeze 6-10 (3x2 L & 2x2 U) uses out of it in one shift sometimes
IMG_3477.PNG