• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Are you a DF Jedi?

UberZone

I know some of you Jedi Masters are pretty creative when it comes to taking advantage of the DF enabler. I rarely use mine unless I'm trying to get home from BFE, or at the end of a long night so wondering if any you clever Uber Peeps would be willing to share tips or strategic advice when it comes to this built in feature.

Setting it towards LAX during a 2.0x+ surge might be one good way to utilize an unused DF credit.. any additional insite would be greatly appreciated!

TheNoobinator

Best way I like to use it is right in the middle of a surge and choose a destination that is like 15 miles away. Sometimes a popular destination

gd6

Don't limit yourself to lax, if you want lax, set it for a good bit further in case that unicorn ride shows up. If your in the valley and want lax why not set it to Long Beach or further?

It's also useful to consider what part of the map you'd like to end up at, and which direction traffic is heavy.

Last edited:

LA Dispatcher

I waste mine almost every day. I have one DF trip all year and that was from near the OC border to home. Took me 10 minutes to get to the p/u and I ended up maybe a mile closer to home than where I started.
I only use it conventionally near the Anaheim convention center since I'll get around $30 back. Works like a charm. Other than that, I get tied down for 1 hour instead of the usual 30 minutes and only make peanuts while I miss out elsewhere.

I drive from HB to Torrance in the AM and its kicked in a few times.

Once was a militant lesbo who wanted a ride to the blue line station.

Another was a sketchy pickup north of Anaheim st. Dude gets in with his 4 year old son to take him to preschool. Wanted me to wait so I could take him back home (uh no, call another driver).

Once the DF gave me a pickup and it took me in the opposite direction grrr. Bug?

Tedgey

I only use it conventionally near the Anaheim convention center since I'll get around $30 back. Works like a charm. Other than that, I get tied down for 1 hour instead of the usual 30 minutes and only make peanuts while I miss out elsewhere.
I think there's a big difference depending on what time of day you use it. I drive mostly nights and the traffic patterns are bound to be night and day.

UberZone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't limit yourself to lax, if you want lax, set it for a good bit further in case that unicorn ride shows up. If your in the valley and want lax why not set it to Long Beach or further?

It's also useful to consider what part of the map you'd like to end up at, and which direction traffic is heavy.
Great idea, just figured the likelihood of a direct hit to LAX in a surge would be greater from the Valley than to Long Beach.

The shorties get annoying so any strategy of beating the odds with a longer ride is the ideal scenario..

I guess a 3.0x long distance pool ride wouldn't suck if all the piggy backs are sharing the trip at the same Surge rate though

Last edited:

gd6

Great idea, just figured the likelihood of a direct hit to LAX in a surge would be greater from the Valley than to Long Beach.

The shorties get annoying so any strategy of beating the olds with a longer ride is the ideal scenario..

I guess a 3.0x long distance pool ride wouldn't suck if all the piggy backs are sharing the trip at the same Surge rate though
I'm pretty sure it doesn't prioritize for being the same as your destination, as long as it's in the same direction. If I'm in a big surge, and still want to head home, I'll always set it to somewhere further just in case and it does occasionally help.

UberZone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It does happen . If Uber can't find a driver that wants to pick up that pool crap , they will send it to you and it won't be in your direction , it's happened to me numerous times
Actually happened to me today.. DF set to Woodland Hills from the North side of SM, matched me to some school kids on a Poo ride near by that we're heading 3 miles SOUTH to SM college on Ocean Park and 19th..

Did someone say DF has no effect on your acceptance rate cause I really should have ignored that ride.

Anyway, for all it's worth, I did eventually end up with a pick up at UCLA going to Sherman Oaks which is where I wanted to end up but the tedious, in the wrong direction pool rides are not in line with the direction that's set in the DF

New Member 0001365427

Remember it doesn't ding your acceptance rate. I already used up both for today. Only use it for surge. Better off deadmiling and not waste them.
Oh so that's the trick? Good one !

I would start in SM and wait for 3.0x surge during rush hour. Set the DF to Pomona and only accept pool. Hopefully you keep getting matches and maintain the 3.0x all the way. If you get a direct hit, turn on stop new request. Doesn't have to be

For $30? Nice surge down there.
Awesome, keep em coming. Hopefully I get some surge once before I die

New Member 0001365427

Hang by any bar area around 1:30 am on weekends and you'll get Surge...and maybe more too. :rolleyes:
I tried that once and got 20 min wait for everybody to get to car for 2 mile trip.
DT Fullerton
(Sad trombome : wah wah waaaah)

Year later tried again
Flex Bar
2 Polite gay dudes 5mi trip with $5 tip
Ehhh