1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

are winter tires OK to drive during summer time?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Urbanappalachian, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Urbanappalachian

Urbanappalachian Active Member

My 2 front tires has about 5000 miles left on it and am thinking of getting 2 new front tires. Should I get the winter tires since it's winter time? My rear tires are only a few months old so I'm good with that. Should I have the winter tires installed on the front or back? Does it even matter based on what kind of car I have (2015 Mazda 3 i sport)?

I always get the cheapest tires at Walmart but if anyone here know of a better and more affordable place to get tires from let me know. 2 tires installed and insured usually cost me over $200 (but never over $250).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Buy a set of used winters
    Then buy 2 used summers later

...and you still have enough of the $200 left to get a case of Redbull

3. jeep45238

jeep45238 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Never run winter tires in warm weather - the rubber is too soft and they will not last long at all.

If you have 4 snow tires on a fwd vehicle, you actually have better acceleration/braking/turning than a awd vehicle with all-seasons. The rear 2 snow tires help tremendously with turning and stopping.

Blizzak tires are wonderful.

And rotate your damn tires.