• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Are we supposed to deliver packages?

MichaelMax

I decided to accept a pool request on Arapahoe rd that was only 2 minutes away.
App says I arrived, I call , Tell her Im at Jacksons bar & grill, she says a little bit east then too far back to the middle, I there where she says , no woman, app says cancel and leave, Im a dang softie and see 2 woman with boxes stacked in their arms, I jump out open the back gate , they put the boxes in and say "Thankyou" and started walking away. I say "Whoa, who's going? " she says just the boxes, all the guber driver are surprised, How do i know where they r going. I put the address in the app. I look and its there , way up off 121st avennue.
I did it and the whole way I get asking myself why I do such dum things, I imagined I had to try to find the place, maybe have to carry all theses boxes in for them, maybe no body is home, do I just dump them on the street and close the trip, another free 80 mile ride taking them back or to the montbello hub?
None of this happened and the business immediately came out to get the boxes, but it could have gone bad.
Oh and of course, No freakin TIP.
Are we supposed to do this [ackage delivery? Uber is so damn cheap, we may put UPS and Fed X out of business. and they dont even have to carry their boxes to the UPS store.
Do u guys do package delivery? I didnt sign up for that and at very minimum it should tell me it s package delivery so I can or can not choose to accept it.
Oh yea, they r so cheap , it was pool ride too and uber wanted to know if it was just 1 rider or 2.
So , I'm beginning to think this may not be approved by uber, what say you guys?

The Ombudsman

Closest I've had is twice, normal X rides (not pool, damn cheapskates) where I roll up, there's a fellow there, says "I've got a weird request", hands me a car key, asks me to take it to the address supplied to someone else who needs it for the car that is at that location.

Best passengers I've ever had. :p

Maudee

I decided to accept a pool request on Arapahoe rd that was only 2 minutes away.
App says I arrived, I call , Tell her Im at Jacksons bar & grill, she says a little bit east then too far back to the middle, I there where she says , no woman, app says cancel and leave, Im a dang softie and see 2 woman with boxes stacked in their arms, I jump out open the back gate , they put the boxes in and say "Thankyou" and started walking away. I say "Whoa, who's going? " she says just the boxes, all the guber driver are surprised, How do i know where they r going. I put the address in the app. I look and its there , way up off 121st avennue.
I did it and the whole way I get asking myself why I do such dum things, I imagined I had to try to find the place, maybe have to carry all theses boxes in for them, maybe no body is home, do I just dump them on the street and close the trip, another free 80 mile ride taking them back or to the montbello hub?
None of this happened and the business immediately came out to get the boxes, but it could have gone bad.
Oh and of course, No freakin TIP.
Are we supposed to do this [ackage delivery? Uber is so damn cheap, we may put UPS and Fed X out of business. and they dont even have to carry their boxes to the UPS store.
Do u guys do package delivery? I didnt sign up for that and at very minimum it should tell me it s package delivery so I can or can not choose to accept it.
Oh yea, they r so cheap , it was pool ride too and uber wanted to know if it was just 1 rider or 2.
So , I'm beginning to think this may not be approved by uber, what say you guys?
Pax who ordered UberPool then called me to pick up cupcakes at a bakery in highlands and deliver in Aurora... You guessed it NO TIp!!

Dude.Sweet.

I got a request downtown, dude came out with a large envelope, said it was some financial docs, the delivery was in centennial, great passenger, no biggie. Packages I will do, uber eats not a chance. Tip... none...nobody tips in Denver.

Toddorado

I took a spare car key to a guy's wife at Target just last Sunday because she locked her keys in the car. I'd take that kind of gig all day long! Quietest, least argumentative passenger I've ever had.

Reactions: CP3

MichaelMax

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hmm, general concensus seems to be, do it. Do u guys ever say " I want a (big) tip in advance and I give it to the recipient if I dont have to wait for them and keep it if I have to bring it back or take it to Montbellow?
It does seem like there could be some things to go wrong.

Bobby Maverick

I got a ride request once from an Indian restaurant in Arvada. Turned out to be a food delivery to Wheat Ridge. I get the concept that when you rarely have delivery requests, it's more economical to hire an Uber than to keep a delivery driver on staff, but still...

I feel like in general, I'd prefer to avoid this. I don't know for certain what's in a package, and I'd prefer not to be put in the position of having to take sole responsibility for someone else's belongings. I feel like there are too many things that could potentially go wrong with this.

Oh, and I would absolutely cancel on this if it were done on Lyft Line or Uber Pool. That's just tacky. If you want a cheap courier without paying courier rates, you can at least pay for an X.

Coloradical

I'm just gonna say it, UberEats sucks. I tried to give it a go. As mentioned, no one tips, and your car gets filled with the aroma of smelly food just in time for you to get another passenger.

It doesn't help that nearly every UberEats I've tried has been on Colfax - a total parking nightmare. One was for a dude who wanted a pint of ice cream from the Haagen Dazs at the Cherry Creek Mall delivered to him. The logistics were painful and I almost got my car towed away.

#justsayno to UberEats. Packages, parcels, whatever else? Totally fine. No live animals, firearms, or sketchy things. is that too much to ask?

mattadams

interestingly in some major metro areas like manhatten, there is an "uberrush", basically people on bikes delivering packages.
I would take package deliveries any day of the week, I love the iea of it. As long as they're paying normal rates, it seems perfectly easy, can listen to my music full blast if I feel like it, don't have to make chit chat, etc.
I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this, honestly. Who cares if they don't tip. Most passengers don't tip anyway, and they can be a pain in the ass. Packages don't @@@@@ about the route you took, or chew you out for not driving faster, packages don't throw up in your car.

Jimmy Bernat

interestingly in some major metro areas like manhatten, there is an "uberrush", basically people on bikes delivering packages.
I would take package deliveries any day of the week, I love the iea of it. As long as they're paying normal rates, it seems perfectly easy, can listen to my music full blast if I feel like it, don't have to make chit chat, etc.
I don't see why anyone would have a problem with this, honestly. Who cares if they don't tip. Most passengers don't tip anyway, and they can be a pain in the ass. Packages don't ***** about the route you took, or chew you out for not driving faster, packages don't throw up in your car.
Yeah I've done this twice and had no issues. I've needed to get something across town before and couldn't or didn't want to drive and have thought about getting an uber to do my courier leg work