Are we going to stand for this. How low can they go!!!

SatMan

Post automatically merged:

And it points out that it is likely to make the drivers even more unhappy in the future, both because it is investing in autonomous vehicles to reduce the numbers of drivers it needs, and because it plans to reduce payments to drivers in order to increase its chances of turning a profit: “As we aim to reduce Driver incentives to improve our financial performance, we expect Driver dissatisfaction will generally increase.”)
Time to start making an exit plan people....Start paying off those car notes....Get rid of your credit card debt!!! Get out your resume and update it...LOL. UBER DRIVER PAST 3 YEARS. Go to school and learn something to make a living.

OR WE CAN FIGHT BACK STARTING NOW

Last edited:

bpm45

Autonomous vehicles are not the salvation for uber or Lyft. When a those vehicles arrived at scale they won't be owned by Uber or Lyft they will be owned and fielded as a fleet by the company that manufactures them. So Uber and Lyft will be facing not a bunch of contractors with no negotiating ability but they will be facing off against the very large company it has negotiating ability. the value for this whole proposition will be in the vehicle and its availability not in the internet transaction that requests the vehicle or dispatches the vehicle. Those transactions have a marginal cost near zero and the price for that transaction will approximate 0 as well. Uber Lyft are going to get cut out in a big way in that world.

UberBeemer

I predict that Toyota or GM owns most of Uber in 10 years. Despite their vast expenditures on SDC's, Uber basically only has a dispatch system, and a gaping hole in their cash flow. I see a "merger" or maybe LBO ahead. This is probably the best reason to buy shares.

bpm45

I predict that Toyota or GM owns most of Uber in 10 years. Despite their vast expenditures on SDC's, Uber basically only has a dispatch system, and a gaping hole in their cash flow. I see a "merger" or maybe LBO ahead. This is probably the best reason to buy shares.
Just don't buy them now. I think a proper valuation for LYFT is $4B which translates to a stock price of $12/sh. Self driving cars a way off, which would allow an investor to gain on that price until they show up. At which point, LYFT stock starts trending to zero fairly quickly, though their accumulated losses will have real tax avoidance value to a profitable acquirer.

Uber is 5x bigger but their operating metrics get dragged down by EATS, freight and other things.id out a proper valuation for Uber at $16B but I don't know what that would translate to a share price. They have the same problems with autonomous vehicles and their company value could suffer the same path as LYFT.

Uber could seek to acquire LYFT in the next few years and benefit from Monopoly pricing but I don't think the govt would allow it. Even if it happened, the reality of autonomous vehicles would have the same effect on a combined Uber/LYFT.