Are we going to need reservations?

DJJoeyZ

I just noticed UE now has a section mentioning reservations. Is this the same as DD and signing up for delivery slots?
970C228E-0551-4791-A207-F72B0EC2D629.png

Mota-Driven

In the future (Perhaps after the Postmates merger), I could some markets that are heavily populated with excess delivery drivers conforming to a schedule. For other markets where there are not many drivers, it could stay ‘open’ without time slots required.

Alltel77

In the future (Perhaps after the Postmates merger), I could some markets that are heavily populated with excess delivery drivers conforming to a schedule. For other markets where there are not many drivers, it could stay ‘open’ without time slots required.
Well, all I know is uber needs to leave the ue app alone. I knew they were going to take something else away once the app started showing pre tip estimates, it's already started with not showing the second destination on doubles. In some areas this may not matter but in densely populated areas going 2 miles the wrong way adds 30 plus minutes to the order. I guess we will be going back in time eventually without showing any information upfront except the payout. Just wanted to rant about that.

Launchpad McQuack

It's for this.

Planet Express Driver

Sucks right? The thing I liked about UE over DD was not having to sign up and reserve delivery slots.
But on the other hand, maybe this will help cut down on the excess supply of drivers and we can start making good money again.
You get used to it. I am finding that DD is starting to become more consistent than UE lately, possibly because of this

Mota-Driven

Well, all I know is uber needs to leave the ue app alone. I knew they were going to take something else away once the app started showing pre tip estimates, it's already started with not showing the second destination on doubles. In some areas this may not matter but in densely populated areas going 2 miles the wrong way adds 30 plus minutes to the order. I guess we will be going back in time eventually without showing any information upfront except the payout. Just wanted to rant about that.
I don’t disagree with your rant. I personally think some of the best money is with ‘stacked orders’, but the fact that they removed the ‘cross reference‘ address is frustrating, being that some drivers aren’t willing to venture outside certain areas. But some of the tactics that Uber is trying to implement by removing certain features is only hurting them, because the less information you provide to the driver, the more likely the order will be canceled or not fulfilled. Uber said back in February when they Announced changes were coming, they wanted to give the driver ‘as much information as possible‘, well; They seem to contradict themselves by taking one step forward and two steps back. The best thing to happen to this App is definitely the ‘expected tip’, which gives me a complete understanding of exactly what I’m making (assuming the customer doesn’t rescind the tip).

I personally would not care for the scheduling, I like the freedom of logging on and off at my leisure.

Last edited: