Are we allowed to "refuse service to anyone "??

Cashman

Can we refuse service to anyone if they look in bad condition or suspicious?? like a homeless looking guy or a gang looking guy or this will be discriminatory??

R

RidingInLostWages

fwck the mods here

Last edited by a moderator:

NHDriver

Can we refuse service to anyone if they look in bad condition or suspicious?? like a homeless looking guy or a gang looking guy or this will be discriminatory??
If you feel your safety is in danger it is your right to refuse. What makes you feel unsafe is up to you! I am sure you will get a list from people on this forum that can give you some help with "unsafe". :eek:

Last edited:

Michael-MS

Make sure they don't have an animal with them. That can get you deactivated.
What if it's a homeless man with no shoes, and a pitbull. Or a gang member, open carrying, with a Chihuahua? What if the dog smells like it rolled in its own shit? :eek:

Luckycabby

Yes. But be careful. The best thing to do is eyeball the passenger up front, when possible, as they walk to your car and if it looks squirrely then just drive away and "cancel - no charge" BEFORE starting the ride. That way the passenger can not rate you and since there will be no record of the ride on the passenger app it becomes much more difficult (next to impossible) to complain about it.
I cancelled for a no show. Apparently the people were walking out and said I cancelled because they were Hispanic. I was suspended for 2 days for an investigation.

LV-NightRider

No law, current or proposed, requires you to accept for transportation, any person or animal that you feel may pose a threat to your, or subsequent passengers, health or safety. Politely decline, cancel, and move on. Select the appropriate reason for the cancellation.

tohunt4me

I would probably look suspicious to you.
Am i ?
Depends.
As a rule i try to refuse service to no one.
If i can find them.

I_Like_Spam

It's a good chance they don't have a bank account and a debit card..

Not necessarily. When I was driving Yellow Cab, one of our steady riders was a wealthy dowager who pushed around a shopping cart- and lived in a penthouse apartment when they made her use the parking garage to pick her up.

This woman, now deceased, could buy and sell us all.

She took a cab to Charlotte NC once, paid with cash. The roll of bills she used to pay her cab fares was big enough to choke a horse.