• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Are Uber's always late!!

Go4

Please explain what you mean by " they always arrive super late". I assume you get an estimate of when they will arrive when you book, but they get there later than the estimate.

Unfortunately your pick up might be a "stacked ping" meaning the driver is currently on a trip, he has to finish dropping off their passenger, then start driving to you.

The estimate would be based on the driver going directly to you, but it does not take traffic, traffic signals, etc. in consideration.

Drivers make money when they have passengers and are moving. None are going to stall picking you up just to stall.

FL_Dex

Steve's exactly right. Drivers don't discriminate against people, they discriminate against neighborhoods. If you live in a bad neighborhood, you wait longer. Period. That's why a nowhere craphole like Riviera Beach has surges every afternoon. Not because demand is that high but because no one wants to pick up there.

If you're in Orange Mound, you can forget it. There's no way I'd drive rideshare anywhere in Memphis. Maybe Germantown or Bartlett.

steveK2016

Steve's exactly right. Drivers don't discriminate against people, they discriminate against neighborhoods. If you live in a bad neighborhood, you wait longer. Period. That's why a nowhere craphole like Riviera Beach has surges every afternoon. Not because demand is that high but because no one wants to pick up there.

If you're in Orange Mound, you can forget it. There's no way I'd drive rideshare anywhere in Memphis. Maybe Germantown or Bartlett.
Haha, yea I'd hate to drive Rideshare in Memphis. I lived in TN for a while, Memphis is rough and this is coming from someone that drives Downtown Atlanta!

Although I avoid the Bluffs and SWAT (South West ATlanta). It routinely surges in the Bluffs and further west. I don't care if it's surging 10x, I ain't touching that area with a 1000 foot pole...

Do you tip? Drivers will arrive late for non tippers. We get a message that pops up when we accept showing how much you tipped your last driver. We are early for the ones that tip.
Oh yea, I always pay attention to my tipping indicator when driving to a pax pickup. Better get those tips up OP!

Mars Troll Number 4

It doesnt matter what color your skin is or what your name is... if you live in Da hood 7/10 drivers won't touch your ping with a 10 foot pole.