• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Are they trolling

Bobbyk5487

Why do people still do uber....last night I got a trip from rdu to Jacksonville...4 hours 20 mins 260 miles round trip, i just knew I was going to make no less than 120....i only made 90 bucks...no tip had to put 20 dollars in the tank we got there 2am I was so tire I ended up sleeping in a hotel parking lot....the rates in the Raleigh Durham area are just plain disrespectful....i have been a uber driver in 4 other cities...and this area have the cheapest rates by far....how dare they tell me my time and energy is only worth 60 cents a mile 11 cents a minutes ....its like they are trolling...

1. Why do people still do uber...
Who cares why people “still do Uber?” Should only care why you do Uber.

2. I just knew I was going to make no less than 120...
Simple math would have told you that approx 90 would be the minimum.

3. I have been a Uber driver in 4 other cities...
And you seem to whine and cry about something in each and every one

4. How dare they tell me my time and energy is only worth 60 cent a mile 11 cent a minute...
Why do you still do Uber? Not that I really care but it seems fairly insane to complain about something that you’re aware of prior to accepting a ride.

Bobbyk5487

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
1. Why do people still do uber...
Who cares why people “still do Uber?” Should only care why you do Uber.

2. I just knew I was going to make no less than 120...
Simple math would have told you that approx 90 would be the minimum.

3. I have been a Uber driver in 4 other cities...
And you seem to whine and cry about something in each and every one

4. How dare they tell me my time and energy is only worth 60 cent a mile 11 cent a minute...
Why do you still do Uber? Not that I really care but it seems fairly insane to complain about something that you’re aware of prior to accepting a ride.
First off I didn't realize the rates were THAT low until I check the fare details after seeing how little I made on a 260 mile trip..thats actually 30 cents a mile...when I started I was promised 1.80 a mile and it was great in every city....even with the price cut I was still making 200 plus everyday....but it's just plain evil to go from 1.80 a mile to 30-60 cents a mile...its plain evil to pay people less and less the longer they have been working for you....but you are right I'm the bad guy in this situation...go be great because you come across as a real winner!!!....please don't respond back....in fact driver very fast in rainy conditions around curves....

Last edited:

Bobbyk5487

It was a 130 mile trip.....and you had the choice to accept it or not.....just like you have the choice to turn your driver apps on.
View attachment 333145
I'm the bad guy and uber is the good guys....go be great my friend!!!
Post automatically merged:

It was a 130 mile trip.....and you had the choice to accept it or not.....just like you have the choice to turn your driver apps on.
View attachment 333145
It was a 260 mile round trip unless you are suggesting that I was going to just remain in Jacksonville for the rest of my life?!?

Never stated Uber was good or you were bad....I don’t put words in your mouth and would appreciate if you did the same. U/L both suck but for me it serves my purpose....
I just think it’s ridiculous to whine and complain about something that was caused by your lack of attention to detail and being uninformed when the info is readily available and right in front of your face.

It was a 260 mile round trip unless you are suggesting that I was going to just remain in Jacksonville for the rest of my life?!?
Just stating the obvious ( to most). I realize it was 260 round trip but only the initial 130 was part of the ride....possible and probable dead miles are on you once you accept the ride.

Last edited:

Bobbyk5487

When I Google rates most of the time you get rates from years ago...which no matter what you say it's a atrocity that uber ALWAYS cuts driver pay and has NEVER increased it....im desperately trying to get out of this matrix....you are right I was very dumb to ever trust humans...especially the type of people that run uber....their very name is associated with getting screwed over

Jake1980

No one is saying you are the bad guy. These guys are telling you that you chose to accept those rides. Uber is not forcing us to accept these rides at all. Now that you know the rates are shitty here in Raleigh you can either figure out a way to be more profitable here or go to another city where the rates are respectable.

Bobbyk5487

No one is saying you are the bad guy. These guys are telling you that you chose to accept those rides. Uber is not forcing us to accept these rides at all. Now that you know the rates are shitty here in Raleigh you can either figure out a way to be more profitable here or go to another city where the rates are respectable.
Ok thanks!!!!

Ok thanks!!!!
They aren't forcing me but I signed a contract to do a job at a rate went and financed the equipment to do the job jumped all in into the contract job only to soon be told "btw we only gonna pay you 1/3 of what we promise" .....now I'm stuck with the equipment and the cost of the equipment every month....jobs arent as plentiful as people say they are....im working out a way to get back in college.....but just be wary of these uber people...i was a upscale chauffeur before being a uber driver and what uber did to that industry and the cab industry and what they turned around and did to uber drivees is nothing short of psychopathic

Last edited:

Castaneda7189

Ok thanks!!!!

They aren't forcing me but I signed a contract to do a job at a rate went and financed the equipment to do the job jumped all in into the contract job only to soon be told "btw we only gonna pay you 1/3 of what we promise" .....now I'm stuck with the equipment and the cost of the equipment every month....jobs arent as plentiful as people say they are....im working out a way to get back in college.....but just be wary of these uber people...i was a upscale chauffeur before being a uber driver and what uber did to that industry and the cab industry and what they turned around and did to uber drivees is nothing short of psychopathic
Jobs are plentiful in select markets. Specifically those that require technical degrees such as electrician, plumber, mechanic...etc. They are also abundant in the health/sciences as well as the technology/programming sector. Upscale chauffeur, Uber driver, delivery drivers, messenger boys are college student jobs and you cannot expect a career to be made out of them. Why do you think there is a medical physician shortage? And it pays around 200K starting out. Because it takes hard effort, exams, time, money, and academic performance. Something not everyone is willing to put into a career or simply cannot. Trust me, I did Uber during my undergraduate degree and later my Graduate degree. These degrees are highly marketable because they are difficult degrees. I’m applying to medical school this cycle and when I become a physician I won’t have to worry about someone from another city coming to take my job because rates are higher. It’s all about decisions in the USA and using the opportunities that are given Wisely. In my opinion, thank Uber for the opportunity. Use that opportunity to your advantage, even if you are taking a loss. It’s money upfront, and use it to fund something that is worthy of your time, stable, and can sustain your type of lifestyle. Uber to me was a blessing and it paid for my MCAT, exams, and the occasional dining.

Rittz19007

First off I didn't realize the rates were THAT low until I check the fare details after seeing how little I made on a 260 mile trip..thats actually 30 cents a mile...when I started I was promised 1.80 a mile and it was great in every city....even with the price cut I was still making 200 plus everyday....but it's just plain evil to go from 1.80 a mile to 30-60 cents a mile...its plain evil to pay people less and less the longer they have been working for you....but you are right I'm the bad guy in this situation...go be great because you come across as a real winner!!!....please don't respond back....in fact driver very fast in rainy conditions around curves....
Any ride over 40 miles I dont pull away until we work something out Best way is to be honest explain its taken you out of your market and you will not make anything for the return trip Most of the time they will work with you If not you can still cancel As long as you dont pull away