• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Are there too many UberEATS drivers in Hampton Roads?

So I’ve been doing UberEATS for about 6 months now, not old enough to Uber. In my prime, I was able to get upwards of 20 deliveries a day. In the last month, I’ve been lucky to get about 10. So my question is, do you think that the Uber/UberEats system is over-crowded in Virginia Beach? I am hitting prime areas at prime times and keeping the app open. What am I doing wrong? I would think as time went on, I would just be able to get more orders as Eats grew in our area.

DRII

i think grubhub is by far the market leader around here. Uber is not used to playing second fiddle, but they (we) definitely are when it comes to food delivery.

as far as the slowdown, same here regarding pax/rides. it has been much slower since about mid April. probably have more drivers delivering food due to the slowdown.

should pick back up sometime in June, summer time.

EdThatUberGuy

So I’ve been doing UberEATS for about 6 months now, not old enough to Uber. In my prime, I was able to get upwards of 20 deliveries a day. In the last month, I’ve been lucky to get about 10. So my question is, do you think that the Uber/UberEats system is over-crowded in Virginia Beach? I am hitting prime areas at prime times and keeping the app open. What am I doing wrong? I would think as time went on, I would just be able to get more orders as Eats grew in our area.
Hi Matt-
I'm setup for ubereats but have only gotten 4 ubereats requests in Hampton Roads from late October to right before Christmas 2018. I think Grubhub is getting the lions share of food delivery business.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Scottherock Stories 1
L Complaints 18
P Raleigh-Durham 5