• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Are there any repercussions for downrating pax?

iUBERdc

When I first started, I gave everyone 5 stars. Then I became jaded and gave everyone who slightly offended me 1 star. I'm more moderate now and more easy going and give more accurate ratings. But I am still cynical.

Can drivers get in trouble in any manner for downrating pax often?
And I'm scared of the outlier and won't 1* because I think uber might cancel it. So my lowest rating is a 2*.

tohunt4me

When I first started, I gave everyone 5 stars. Then I became jaded and gave everyone who slightly offended me 1 star. I'm more moderate now and more easy going and give more accurate ratings. But I am still cynical.

Can drivers get in trouble in any manner for downrating pax often?
And I'm scared of the outlier and won't 1* because I think uber might cancel it. So my lowest rating is a 2*.
Yes.
You get replaced by a Robot Car.
Same thing happens no matter what you do.
Uber on.
Uber has your Batteries !

Maven

You may not be matched with any rider that you rate as 1 or 2 in the future. However, this may not be true in all cities. Check with Uber in your own city.

I've never heard of any other consequences of giving PAX a low rating, once or frequently. In fact, I heard of one driver that only gives out 5s upon receiving a tip. No Tip means maximum rating 4.

steveK2016

Theres a high probability that habitual low raters scores wont be accepted. I dont doubt that uber manipulates rider ratings, they dont care what a pax rating is it means nothing to them as long as their credit card on file clears.

Resetting scores? Ignoring drivers who rate everyone a 1? Not registering all low rstings? Who knows if its true... But i wouldn't put it past them.

But as far as punishment for driver? Well some pax pay attention to what they were rated and they can see their rating before they rate you and may vindictively down rate you back.

A pax with low ratings can start a new account. A driver with low ratings loses their ability to earn with uber.

You have far more to lose in the equation.

AceManShow

Theres a high probability that habitual low raters scores wont be accepted. I dont doubt that uber manipulates rider ratings, they dont care what a pax rating is it means nothing to them as long as their credit card on file clears.

Resetting scores? Ignoring drivers who rate everyone a 1? Not registering all low rstings? Who knows if its true... But i wouldn't put it past them.

But as far as punishment for driver? Well some pax pay attention to what they were rated and they can see their rating before they rate you and may vindictively down rate you back.

A pax with low ratings can start a new account. A driver with low ratings loses their ability to earn with uber.

You have far more to lose in the equation.

1) Most pax have no idea what their ratings even are.

2) Even if they check daily, how would they know it was a particular driver who gave them a one star? If I as a pax took 10 rides in a week and received 9: 5 stars, and 1: 1 star - how would I know exactly which driver gave me the one 1 star rating?

steveK2016

1) Most pax have no idea what their ratings even are.

2) Even if they check daily, how would they know it was a particular driver who gave them a one star? If I as a pax took 10 rides in a week and received 9: 5 stars, and 1: 1 star - how would I know exactly which driver gave me the one 1 star rating?
Most is not all. Most leaves some, and some is what i said. Whats stopping some of them from vindictively down rating all their recent drivers? Ever get a random low rating and were like "WTF?! I had zero issies with any of my riders that day!" Now you may have the answer to that question.

Grand

Last year I attended an Uber presentation run by the local manager.
On the topic of ratings he told us that they were doing some analysis and had just found one driver who rated every pax a 1*. They were calling him in for a 'chat'.
So much for being independent contractors.

FL_Dex

The short answer is no and it's one of the biggest problems with Uber. The real undesirable pax are maybe 1% to 2% of the total number of riders but they have an outsized influence on your driver experience. Beyond that there's another 10% who are annoying but tolerable. If Uber actually got rid of the problem riders (they know who they are) and pax started getting messages that they were in danger of being dropped from the system if their rider rating slips any farther, we might see some behavior changes. Or if the rates were high enough that we were getting paid to put up with the a-holes, that would help.

It's not the money getting me out of driving for Uber, it's the passengers. Specifically that small fraction of a-hole riders. Even if the money isn't great driving would be tolerable if it was more of a community, like it used to be. When you get good riders it's fun. When you know you can get rid of the a-holes, that would make dealing with them more tolerable. Right now it's a combination of a-hole pax and a feeling of helplessness. The a-hole pax can get rid of you, but you're powerless to get rid of them. That is a very demotivating dynamic.