1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Are the guarntees worth it?

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Juice 3, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Juice 3

Juice 3

Driving:
    UberX
    first time i am being offered a guarantee - is it worth it?

Casuale Haberdasher likes this.
  2. tripAces

tripAces

Driving:
    UberX
    Go complete it and find out. Coming on here asking questions is like asking if broccoli is good. Some like it others of us don't. So in the end you just need to go drive and see what works for you.
    If you feel it may waste your time and why you are asking. Then stop driving and go get a job.
    This is a business most will sink others of us learned to swim.
    Good Luck!!

3. jreyn60

jreyn60

It costs you nothing to opt it for guarantees and it might make you more than you'd make otherwise, so sure, why not? It totally depends on how short the trips are when you drive for the guarantees. For instance, if you drive the right number of trips, but they're all very short, $5.10 trips, then you've made the most money for the least amount of effort and gas, so it's a good deal. But of course, you can never predict what will happen, so go ahead and opt in as a "just in case" measure.

joe tx likes this.
  4. KMANDERSON

KMANDERSON

Driving:
    UberX
    watch you ratings and 90 percent of you rides because if you rating go below a 4.75 and you don't take 90 percent of you rides you want get it.that ping at 2.5 rating you have to take that not worth it to me.

5. jreyn60

jreyn60

Some things to remember:
    1.) Make sure you accept the right percentage of trips. Even rejecting one trip can sometimes disqualify you.
    2.) If you ACCEPT a trip right before the time block runs out, Uber will count the trip as having been "completed" within your guarantee block of time, even if the trip begins and ends after the block of time. It's a rip-off and something to watch out for. My advice is that after you make your designated number of trips, go park somewhere less populated and try to ride out the clock.

6. Kmiles

Kmiles

Driving:
    UberX
    Guarantees have been a waste since June

7. POST # 1 /Juice 3Juice 3: Here's a GUARANTEE
    that costs You only
    an eMail.....but if You DON'T send
    that eMail.....You CAN'T SUE DECEIT-
    FUL #[F]Uber....ever...GUARANTEED!

O.K......so now that I have Your attention:

"Please read Your Partnership Agreement.
    NEW DRIVERS only have 30 Days to
    Opt-
    out of BINDING ARBITRATION!"

https://uberpeople.net/posts/402925

This has been a New Driver Community
    ALERT from These Notables:
    chi1cabbychi1cabby

Casuale HaberdasherCasuale Haberdasher

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    chi1cabby likes this.
  8. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    This is houston not dallas. Ignore the rating and 90% above.

9. KMANDERSON

KMANDERSON

Driving:
    UberX
    What uber stipulations there

10. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Or accept and just move a very short distance then stop. Eventually the pax will cancel or call. If they call tell them the uber app froze and to please cancel and order again. Go offline for a few mins.

11. Yes, most of the guarantee offered are OK for Monday to Thursday. The weekend guarantee is too hard to meet, most of them require 8 trips in three hours window which is very hard to meet

Txchick likes this.
  12. superhans

superhans

What's to lose?...isn't it a win win? Joe, your guarantee requires a certain amount of trips to be completed?

13. elelegido

elelegido

There is no such thing as an Uber guarantee. Payments under these schemes are dependent on factors within your control, but also on factors outside your control, such as the level of demand in the area you work in at the time you work in it. There is also doubt over Uber's ability to correctly administer anything that has numbers in it.

So there is, literally, no guarantee - it is actually a discretionary performance-related bonus.

Kmiles and superhans like this.
  14. Don't forget to meet guarantees requires 20 hour minimum Mon - Thursday and another 20 hours for weekends, then make the number of trips and a 90% acceptance rate.

15. superhans

superhans

Elelegido, I agree about the 'administering numbers' part.
    The guarantee gets me out there, and a minimum ride in one hour is all I'm looking for, I'm ahead for the day and if I complete all of the hours offered at the month end its quite decent usually compared to what I would have earned, all other trips are my discretion, I guess I like the idea that I can sometimes head toward a surge and other times avoid them!....sitting in the middle of a large mall appears to make me undetectable....lol.

16. superhans

superhans

I guess there are different guarantees TUDriver, no minimum for me, unless you mean the total including non guaranteed hours, that's possible as I always complete at least 20 hours, but it is not part of the text I receive or the linked page.
    I was told by Ubersupport that guarantees are set locally, maybe the case.

17. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Not just locally, individually.At least in Houston. A lot of Dallas drivers keep posting here and don't know what they're talking about. And so.e of the Houston drivers don't know other drivers in Houston don't get the same they do.