Are the ants back out ?

Tom Harding

The ants go driving 1000 by 1000 hurrah hurrah
There should be a "Great Organizer" to get all full and part-time drivers to boycott certain events and locations. But all have to shut down at the same time and continue until the protest time is over. Say something like this:
On a Monday and Tuesday all drivers boycott Midway Airport - Uber, Lyft, and VIA drivers participate in the boycott. Then on Wednesday and Thursday the same for O'Hare, then the weekend all activity shuts down at 9PM. Taxis will love this, but there are not that many to make any difference and the riders will scream about the high fares and lousy service. Selective boycotts, I think is the best way to go, and only for a couple days at a time. I'm sure Uber and Lyft will cry and threaten to pull out, but there are several other companies waiting for just that to happen.
And remember, we are all self employed contractors that drive whenever and wherever we please, according to Uber and Lyft. So just turn off your cell phone and stay home for a couple of days or evenings.
To answer "why don't we just quit". Not me. And in Chicago we have 3 options Uber, Lyft, and a very restricted Via. I like driving, taking people and their stuff places. I like the additional income I earn. Quitting is not an option, but "car flu", boycott, and strike are options.
And when it comes to earnings, Lyft and Uber are about the same. what one does, the other does pretty much the same. Both have the same crappy rating system and refuse to fix it. Both have the same miles and time charges, and close to the same percentages. From 2 years experience, I'd say they mirror each other, from my point of view.

Shakur

There should be a "Great Organizer" to get all full and part-time drivers to boycott certain events and locations. But all have to shut down at the same time and continue until the protest time is over. Say something like this:
On a Monday and Tuesday all drivers boycott Midway Airport - Uber, Lyft, and VIA drivers participate in the boycott. Then on Wednesday and Thursday the same for O'Hare, then the weekend all activity shuts down at 9PM. Taxis will love this, but there are not that many to make any difference and the riders will scream about the high fares and lousy service. Selective boycotts, I think is the best way to go, and only for a couple days at a time. I'm sure Uber and Lyft will cry and threaten to pull out, but there are several other companies waiting for just that to happen.
And remember, we are all self employed contractors that drive whenever and wherever we please, according to Uber and Lyft. So just turn off your cell phone and stay home for a couple of days or evenings.
To answer "why don't we just quit". Not me. And in Chicago we have 3 options Uber, Lyft, and a very restricted Via. I like driving, taking people and their stuff places. I like the additional income I earn. Quitting is not an option, but "car flu", boycott, and strike are options.
And when it comes to earnings, Lyft and Uber are about the same. what one does, the other does pretty much the same. Both have the same crappy rating system and refuse to fix it. Both have the same miles and time charges, and close to the same percentages. From 2 years experience, I'd say they mirror each other, from my point of view.

I admire your effort but if you get 60% of drivers to not drive on Monday, the surges will go through the roof and I'm sure that 60% will dwindle to about 10% before all is said and done. Organize an event with food, drinks and a little entertainment to ease the people into your idea. The attention span of the average american is not very high, the same as their knowledge / "caring" for issues.

Shakur

All we need is for Travis to publicly insult some large group of sensitive drivers, so they protest by driving Lyft.

Won't happen, would not be good for business. Instead they'll continually find different ways of pocketing more money from trip earnings....it's what I would do if I was in control of the business.

It's not smart to outwardly say "@@@@ you." The quieter, calculated approach is always felt with more resonance.

Tom Harding

I admire your effort but if you get 60% of drivers to not drive on Monday, the surges will go through the roof and I'm sure that 60% will dwindle to about 10% before all is said and done. Organize an event with food, drinks and a little entertainment to ease the people into your idea. The attention span of the average american is not very high, the same as their knowledge / "caring" for issues.
The organization could happen if there was found a "organizing sponsor" like the one in New York. Teamsters Union says we need to be "employees" before they would get involved. But there must be some organization that could take on the task.Organizing 40,000 full and part-time drivers is a monumental task, but could bee done with the right leadership and incentives. Consider $5.00 month membership (I would pay it if progress was made) is $200,000 a month. A lot can e done with that amount of cash. But I guess that's "wishful thinking".

lakersfan1

Won't happen, would not be good for business. Instead they'll continually find different ways of pocketing more money from trip earnings....it's what I would do if I was in control of the business.

It's not smart to outwardly say "&%[email protected]!* you." The quieter, calculated approach is always felt with more resonance.
OK. Let Trump insult them. He don't give ONE f*ck, let alone TWO.

Shakur

OK. Let Trump insult them. He don't give ONE f*ck, let alone TWO.

Trump is too busy pushing the machine's message to worry about rideshare services lol and by message I mean to ultimately distract us while they continue to find new ways to @@@@ us, much like uber is doing just on a MUCH wider scale. The 5% that understand this will never get that through to the 95% that are still arguing over 5 cents a mile reduction and destination trip filters.

NadZrag

The ants come and the ants go. Work your hours and you'll catch some waves.
Let me understand your analogy...mmmm

Someone who doesn't see him/herself as an ant and is waiting for waves??
So it's a water specimen, let me think.
Ok I got it!!! Bottom feeder!!! The smart ones long hours drivers are bottom feeders!!

awins

Ok I got it!!! Bottom feeder!!! The smart ones long hours drivers are bottom feeders!!
Sometimes you feel like an ant. Some times you don't. Days without surge you ant. Others don't.

UberTrucker

Lmao

Almond Joy's got nuts, Mars don't.
I got nuts!!!

I heard that Friday is after Thursday! Is this true?