Are Rideshare cars safe?

Korean Ant

Dumb Jennifer orders SHARED...
And why the heck is she crying for?
What car never breaks down?
Brand new cars can stall on u..

Lyft is funny. Lyft said, the vehicle has been deactivated. Why should the vehicle be deactivated? And more importantly, why the heck should the driver be deactivated?

Jennifer is stupid and emo n i bet her lyft rating is low. ???

Chocoholic

For once, I agree with Lyft/Uber. If the car broke down on the freeway, and towing was required, they SHOULD deactivate the driver TEMPORARILY, pending an inspection or evidence of repair, like a receipt from a mechanic. I don't have any problem with that. It's a reasonable response.

I DO have a problem with the driver. He broke down and it happened on the freeway. First, he should NEVER have thrown them out of the car for any reason (unless they became belligerent, etc.). It was more imperative that they not get out of the car because they were on the freeway. Next, add in the rain! Throwing them out of the car was inconsiderate as &*)_! Doing it on the freeway and making them walk to the exit was endangering lives! Next, he should have used the emergency callback feature in the app to get assistance from the Safety Support team.

He should have told them to sit tight and remain calm and should have gone into the Lyft help section for emergencies. They would have called him immediately and they almost surely have dispatched another driver to meet them, or at least given instructions on what to do. Both Uber and Lyft have a special support team to handle these kind of situations. As much as we all hate U/L support, these US based Safety teams respond immediately and effectively. (At least that's been my experience and what I've heard/read from others.) They probably would have gotten a ride to their destination, perhaps even for free because of the inconvenience.

Worst case, he could have called 911 and asked for assistance, since it was on the freeway.

After hearing his actions, I think he deserves to be deactivated permanently. He's a lawsuit waiting to happen! Cut him loose! The rest of us don't need to be associated with idiots like that.

People understand that cars do break down, and that it can be unpredictable. But there's no excuse for treating the pax like crap when the car breaks down. They didn't cause it! And it doesn't matter if it was pool or black in this situation!!!! It was either unpredictable or it was a failure of the owner/driver to maintain their car! NOT the fault of the passenger no matter how you spin it!

Oh, and didn't the story say that she was "with her baby"??? Now, I'd like to just punch that driver right in the nose!!!!! Way to give us all a bad rep!!!!
:mad::mad::mad:

< stepping off soapbox now >

Last edited:

yomomma

Im sure Uber/lyft cars r still safer than the beat up taxis.
There are a lot of junk rideshare cars out there; we see them everyday. Not ever been in the taxi business, I would think they have a garage to inspect the cars once they are returned weekly.

somedriverguy

For once, I agree with Lyft/Uber. If the car broke down on the freeway, and towing was required, they SHOULD deactivate the driver TEMPORARILY, pending an inspection or evidence of repair, like a receipt from a mechanic. I don't have any problem with that. It's a reasonable response.

I DO have a problem with the driver. He broke down and it happened on the freeway. First, he should NEVER have thrown them out of the car for any reason (unless they became belligerent, etc.). It was more imperative that they not get out of the car because they were on the freeway. Next, add in the rain! Throwing them out of the car was inconsiderate as &*)_! Doing it on the freeway and making them walk to the exit was endangering lives! Next, he should have used the emergency callback feature in the app to get assistance from the Safety Support team.

He should have told them to sit tight and remain calm and should have gone into the Lyft help section for emergencies. They would have called him immediately and they almost surely have dispatched another driver to meet them, or at least given instructions on what to do. Both Uber and Lyft have a special support team to handle these kind of situations. As much as we all hate U/L support, these US based Safety teams respond immediately and effectively. (At least that's been my experience and what I've heard/read from others.) They probably would have gotten a ride to their destination, perhaps even for free because of the inconvenience.

Worst case, he could have called 911 and asked for assistance, since it was on the freeway.

After hearing his actions, I think he deserves to be deactivated permanently. He's a lawsuit waiting to happen! Cut him loose! The rest of us don't need to be associated with idiots like that.

People understand that cars do break down, and that it can be unpredictable. But there's no excuse for treating the pax like crap when the car breaks down. They didn't cause it! And it doesn't matter if it was pool or black in this situation!!!! It was either unpredictable or it was a failure of the owner/driver to maintain their car! NOT the fault of the passenger no matter how you spin it!

Oh, and didn't the story say that she was "with her baby"??? Now, I'd like to just punch that driver right in the nose!!!!! Way to give us all a bad rep!!!!
:mad::mad::mad:

< stepping off soapbox now >
Because pax have never thrown a temper tantrum and then lied about what they did to get a free ride ever in the history of rideshare.

Korean Ant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In my honest opinion, i dont think the driver nor the vehicle should be punished.
Sure, the car had some type of problem. The vehicle should of been "SUSPENDED" until problem was fixed. The driver?
He got a tow truck to tow his car. He probably told his 2 shared riders about it. Like, my car isnt starting, i need to tow my truck. Im truly sorry but u guys have to order another ride. ( it wasnt raining then).
They probably tried ordering another ride, but whos gonna go on the fwy n pick a rider up, so they started to walk to the ramp n it started raining.

S happens... ?
Riders be doing everything with extra toppings to make it more dramatic in hope of getting some free rides.

U phoria

Dumb Jennifer orders SHARED...
And why the heck is she crying for?
What car never breaks down?
Brand new cars can stall on u..

Lyft is funny. Lyft said, the vehicle has been deactivated. Why should the vehicle be deactivated? And more importantly, why the heck should the driver be deactivated?

Jennifer is stupid and emo n i bet her lyft rating is low. ???
You get what you pay for ... order poo get poo.

Order X it’s hit or miss.

Order XL and you have a better chance but you never know.

Order select ? Meh ...better to order X

Black and SUV ? Yeah best option by far but still plenty of turds

I think this ride was poo

Korean Ant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You get what you pay for ... order poo get poo.

Order X it’s hit or miss.

Order XL and you have a better chance but you never know.

Order select ? Meh ...better to order X

Black and SUV ? Yeah best option by far but still plenty of turds

I think this ride was poo
Yep it was LYFT shared.
U order POO...you get a Corolla
U order X...you get a Lexus ES
U order XL...you get a QX60
U order Select...you get a BMW 3series
U order Blk...you get a MKZ
U order SUV...you get an old TAHOE.

Chocoholic

Because pax have never thrown a temper tantrum and then lied about what they did to get a free ride ever in the history of rideshare.
S happens... ?
Riders be doing everything with extra toppings to make it more dramatic in hope of getting some free rides.
Absolutely, they do. I have no doubt that it's possible. But the ones that commit fraud like that are a lot like cockroaches. Shine a light on them, like a TV news camera, and they scatter!

Given the available info, though, I'll stand by what I said until I'm proven wrong. I'll also respect the opposing opinion as a possibility.

:thumbup: