Are instant payout fees tax deductible?

itendstonight

I make use of the instant payoff quick a bit and it adds up. Are these tax deductible?! Would hate to pay a tax on these stupid fees!

UberTaxPro

Sponsor
I make use of the instant payoff quick a bit and it adds up. Are these tax deductible?! Would hate to pay a tax on these stupid fees!
Yes the .50 charged on their end is a business expense and deductible. As a general rule, remember that bank fees from personal bank accounts are not deductible, fees from business accounts are deductible.

Launchpad McQuack

Yes the .50 charged on their end is a business expense and deductible. As a general rule, remember that bank fees from personal bank accounts are not deductible, fees from business accounts are deductible.
Do you have to have a dedicated business account? What if your Uber earnings are deposited into your personal bank account?

itendstonight

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is still a business expense whichever account the deposit is made to.
Here is a situation I get into a lot. I live close to work. So I put a destination filter. I turn the app on at work and turn off at home. UBER records it as on app. I half the time I get a min or a little longer ride. Other half, no ride. But app was on and I was ready to accept a destination ride if offered. Can I deduct those miles? How do I record it? Date, start/end odometer and state no ride was offered?

Donnypena

Here is a situation I get into a lot. I live close to work. So I put a destination filter. I turn the app on at work and turn off at home. UBER records it as on app. I half the time I get a min or a little longer ride. Other half, no ride. But app was on and I was ready to accept a destination ride if offered. Can I deduct those miles? How do I record it? Date, start/end odometer and state no ride was offered?
You can deduct 52 cents a mile
a mile

LADryver

Fees from personal accounts from business purposes are deductible. You are not required to have a business bank account. The fees for the transfer are fees paid and recorded through Uber. They are verified business expenses.
Post automatically merged:

Get Uber's driver debit card. There is no fee for the card at all. You get up to 5 instant payouts a day for no charge.
You can also make free cash deposits at Wal-Mart to the card.