Are hourly guarantees gone?

jrod2290

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They've been phasing them out for the past 2-3 weeks now. Get with the program.
Such hostility in this forum. I was just asking because I literally just drove an hourly guarantee last night.

pizza guy

It's a giant social experiment collecting data. They're seeing what works for who and where. Lot's of people out of town and not a lot of big events right now drawing in people from out of town. Give it some time and we'll see how things are when the college kids quit.

Chicago-uber

Such hostility in this forum. I was just asking because I literally just drove an hourly guarantee last night.
I also think that hourly is being phased out. Too many "smart" drivers hide out in the burbs while no one wants to work the city.

Mm450

I received hourly guarantees this weekend starting at 12pm today. $1400 over the course of the weekend. $28-$34
Are you a new driver? Also, are you based in Chicago or the suburbs? Meaning what does Uber have on file for your personal address. Just curious as to why certain people get the hourly guarantees and if there's any rhyme or reason to it.

80sDude

So let me get this straight...for every hour I have the app ON in the city they pay the 30 bucks yet I have to accept every ping that comes in ? Why on earth would they send that offer to suburban drivers ? A city guy is fooked ? then you don't know if you actually qualified till Monday ? I don't like that.. I like to know exactly what I'm making per trip via surge or boost..

Fjavier1203

Lucky u. I would so rather do hourly.... In my opinion if they paid big time on incentives then u may not get it.... Anyone getting hourly when they paid out a lot of money?

gravity27

Are you a new driver? Also, are you based in Chicago or the suburbs? Meaning what does Uber have on file for your personal address. Just curious as to why certain people get the hourly guarantees and if there's any rhyme or reason to it.
Nope - not new. And I'm in the city. I was getting boosts the last few weeks. I do select only for the most part so boosts didn't apply - could be why

Fjavier1203

So let me get this straight...for every hour I have the app ON in the city they pay the 30 bucks yet I have to accept every ping that comes in ? Why on earth would they send that offer to suburban drivers ? A city guy is fooked ? then you don't know if you actually qualified till Monday ? I don't like that.. I like to know exactly what I'm making per trip via surge or boost..
You don't know the pax ratings nor where they are going so if your working what makes u decline them except pool but who cares your getting hourly

80sDude

Infinite trips or you won't get paid for the hour ? Am I missing something ? Hide out ? You ain't hiding out in the city..

U for Uber

How well were you doing on boost?