• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Are DF's now working at airports ?

Yomann

South bay driver here, and when I drop off at SFO, I don't want a ride request into the City.
So I turn on DF heading south bound right away, and it remains "inactive" till past the Broadway exit.
Today, it took hold right away on airport grounds.
Is this a change, or just a fluke ???

PS: Lyft DF's have worked for me at SJC. but never Uber's.
Is Uber following Lyft's footsteps ?

PPS: Could Uber have implemented this change to avoid drivers calling the pax and asking for their destination ?

warsaw

South bay driver here, and when I drop off at SFO, I don't want a ride request into the City.
So I turn on DF heading south bound right away, and it remains "inactive" till past the Broadway exit.

PPS: Could Uber have implemented this change to avoid drivers calling the pax and asking for their destination ?
UberCon does whatever helps them be more expedient and efficient, so when they don't need us, we're blocked from the Airport queue. On the hand, if they're short of driver ants, they pull ants from everywhere to satisfy the cheapskate riders' demand.

:Yesterday, I got a ping to SFO, while I was at 6th and Harrison Street, so they must've been desperate!

seymour

Hop on that freeway connector that connects 101 to 280, that first exit - works there, everytime. If I dont get a DF back into the city that's where I turn mine on. I know you are the headed the other way, once it works stay on surface streets with decent population or just park and be patient.

Pax Collector

Sometimes when I have DF set to South Bay and I'm coming from SF, I get pings from the airport as far away as the 280/101 junction . Plenty of times, I've dropped off at SFO and gotten a rematch towards my destination. It's not because they've changed the no DF at airports rule but they're trying to get riders picked up faster, especially when there's less drivers in the airport queue. Same thing with Lyft, no more DF at airports as of a few months ago.

Yomann

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You got a ride at the airport? On DF just switched on?
No. I turned on DF after dropping off pax at SFO.
Did not get another pick up at SFO, but got one in Redwood City that took me close to home base.

......on the other hand are you saying DF works for you on Lyft ? At sfo.
Lyft DF's have occasionally worked at SFO, but very frequently work at SJC.