Are Australians loyal to Australian companies?

tksduberx

Chinese people have given patronage to a Chinese ridesharing company Didi in comparison to Uber to the extent that Uber has announced it's exit from the China market.

Why are Australian people not patronizing Aussie companies Go Car and GPU etc. in the same way?

Is there difference in the quality of service or is that Australian people are obsessed with yanks?

whyza

Australia is a migrant country,uber has "deep pockets",Gocatch-not many people know it,-very hard to answer your question...

whyza

Chinese people have given patronage to a Chinese ridesharing company Didi in comparison to Uber to the extent that Uber has announced it's exit from the China market.

Why are Australian people not patronizing Aussie companies Go Car and GPU etc. in the same way?

Is there difference in the quality of service or is that Australian people are obsessed with yanks?
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-china-business-with-didi-in-35-billion-deal
Check it out.....;-)

MyRedUber

As a driver I was giving preference to GoCar, until they dropped their fares and then increased their commission to the point where my income from GoCar was now the same as my income from Uber. And they give me about 1% of the work that Uber gives me. And they give me less information about the fare, making my bookwork a bit harder. And their app navigation is rubbish.

whyza

As a driver I was giving preference to GoCar, until they dropped their fares and then increased their commission to the point where my income from GoCar was now the same as my income from Uber. And they give me about 1% of the work that Uber gives me. And they give me less information about the fare, making my bookwork a bit harder. And their app navigation is rubbish.
That must be great -,1% of jobs from GoCar giving same income as income from Uber,I would not worry about bookwork or bad navigation.

Icecool

Why becuase Australian company are "shit " . It becuase the Chinese company Didi are better Cheaper than uber I think Apple is supporting them as well . Just looking at the car requirement to be a gocar driver turn me off already maximum km for the car is 15ok km . I think we better stick with playing footy and drink better . Thank to our great employment regulation and the great support from our government on developing and support business . We always going to rely on foreign companies gives us the jobs

NickyBoy

The problem with Aussie companies is usually they think 'Since we are Australian, everyone will support us so that means we can charge more, ask for higher fee's etc etc ' .... wrong... :cool:

whyza

Why becuase Australian company are "shit " . It becuase the Chinese company Didi are better Cheaper than uber I think Apple is supporting them as well . Just looking at the car requirement to be a gocar driver turn me off already maximum km for the car is 15ok km . I think we better stick with playing footy and drink better . Thank to our great employment regulation and the great support from our government on developing and support business . We always going to rely on foreign companies gives us the jobs
Icecool,calm down...

Icecool

So a
Icecool,calm down...
So am correct on this . It getting worse by the years . Job dissapearing , more job shifting to oversea . Now we selling our land ,and farmland to foreign owner for their investment and not to live like us

whyza

So a

So am correct on this . It getting worse by the years . Job dissapearing , more job shifting to oversea . Now we selling our land ,and farmland to foreign owner for their investment and not to live like us
Regardless if you are correct or not,we are in a global world now...But Australia is still the best place to be...

Coconutz

That must be great -,1% of jobs from GoCar giving same income as income from Uber,I would not worry about bookwork or bad navigation.
Mate u might have this one wrong, what reduber is saying is gocatch used to have a higher fare rate and took less of a commission, but after lowering the rates and upping the commission are now providing a similar RATE of income (per ride)to uber while providing only 1% (number of rides)of the work that uber provides.

whyza

Mate u might have this one wrong, what reduber is saying is gocatch used to have a higher fare rate and took less of a commission, but after lowering the rates and upping the commission are now providing a similar RATE of income (per ride)to uber while providing only 1% (number of rides)of the work that uber provides.
Mate,thanks...................;-)))))
I'm just having a fun,you know how it is,if one like to dish out,one must learn how to take...
And this is not directed at you....

Coconutz

Me personally, I've stated b4 that there's no real competing with uber and more like establishing a market presence, hanging in there and becoming just another option when rideshare demand widens across the Sydney metro.
We don't have the scale for overseas companies like lyft to come to our shores so fortunately for uber they really do have Aust all to themselves.
I also think it's a good thing for the rideshare industry as a whole for at the moment, Sydney is showing everyone that another passenger transport option is not only viable but also inevitable. The catch is we are only 5 mill in population so companies is this space will be strictly limited.
I say as drivers we should support and exploit every option we can wether they succeed or fail.
When you start seeing it the other way around then maybe other industries might have what you are looking for.

SSuber

What rubbish.

To answer OP @tksduberx, Chinese consumers prefer Chinese companies for a multitude of reasons, including language, cultural issues, government regulation (which promotes Chinese companies over foreigners), and racist and parochial attitudes amongst ordinary Chinese. It's not just Uber, it's other companies - they have AliBaba instead of eBay; WeChat instead of Facebook; even Google is not doing well because the Communist party needs to censor too much. BUT that's for services. For physical goods, the Chinese look overseas, as they know the quality of their own stuff is poor and in many instances dangerous. So they buy luxury Western brands, Western real estate and Australian baby formula.

And as someone already posted, Uber hasn't exited China. It teamed up with its competitor.

ncc

If GoCatch needs to be successful in Australia they need to do a few things:

1) Upgrade their technology and user friendliness of the app
2) Expand on their marketing - not just team up on a few selective events. I've not seen a single AD on FB or any other AD stream.
3) They need to change their ride allocation algorithms. The other day I was waiting for more than 30 minutes at the "chosen" spot during an event. Many drivers who came after me got a ride but not me (and a few others waiting). The reason given was they give preference to the "acceptance %".