1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Apps gone mad

Discussion in 'Sydney' started by Botanyred, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Botanyred

Botanyred Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Did anybody have trouble with apps this morning . About 5am neither uber or Google maps working normally. Had it charging riders crazy amounts. One trip to the airport went straight down ed but app said I went via bondi. Lucky I roughly know my way around city as neither would work. I also need help working morning surge . I seem to get more pings when not on surge. Then when get them they are short fares. Worked long shift last night always surprising who you pick up got a 100 dollar fare at 3.30 am.

2. Syd-Uberer

Syd-Uberer Well-Known Member

Where was the $100 fare from and to? Early airport run?

Morning surge is a pain. I placed myself into a nice 2.5x hotspot ok the north shore one morning, hoping to clean up. Not a single ping.

When the surge disappeared the pings came. Pax are tight and deciding to wait it out!!

I ignored the base rate pings, they can shove it!!!

3. fields

fields Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Don't ask me, haven't had a surge fare all week. No problem with Uber nor Waze early this morning

4. Botanyred

Botanyred Member

Driving:
    UberX
    No was a weird one pick up woolloomooloo drop at zetland then change to Blacktown. Girl doing hair and make up for some type of booty call. Slightly high to i imagine was asleep when I got there for a sec was a bit worried but she woke up when I said we had arrived. She had put in wrong address so went to wrong house cause saw her from rear mirror running to different house. Also had another attractive dolled up girl at about 2.30 am going across city. The days of our lives!

5. fields

fields Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I might have to start driving nights, sounds like fun!

6. twpak

twpak Active Member

Nights are always fun. Last night at 2am pick up a pax who had a couple of drinks, take him to his destination with the bright red open sign out front. "Oh this is not where I am going, I am going in that house straight ahead." Drop him off and he starts walking towards his original destination.

Get another ping from a hotel, go there and no sign of pax. Call the number and he says coming. A girl gets in says go. But you are not david, confirm the address please. She confirms address so off we go. Get her to her destination and ask where to stop. She says she doesn't know, pitch black street. Point in the direction where I think the house is. She gets out and I am about to leave but she asks me to stay a bit and she's scared. Makes a call and a guy comes running out and off they go.

Then got a guy who had to go get his wallet from his mates place at 3am. Really sketchy dude really high on some potent ****. Sat in the back seat and kept leaping forward to talk. Had to call it a night.

fields likes this.
  7. soontobeautomated

soontobeautomated Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I saw the entire city surge from the beach to Westmead this morning, right along Parramatta road/ M4 4-5 kms either side of them. It lasted about 2 mins. As I went to safely screen shot it vanished (I was driving at the time).

Of course I did not get a ping.

I also spend 1+ hour in Parramatta CBD this morning with no pings. Later today, I had no pings for ages, and checked, I had been logged out.

I put all this down to:

Buggy app
    Fake Surges
    AND Income distribution as I have been trying to hit it hard this week. I saw plenty of neighbouring ants slowly going offline, so assuming they got some of the slow pings coming through.

8. Botanyred

Botanyred Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I sure others use destination setting as well. Seems to work well for me when it's quite. Did it last night set it to Penrith only down side is increased kms. Drive toward city get pings back out . Also seems once I start getting jobs they roll on ok sometimes slow to get started so o use destination .

9. ZacHudson777

ZacHudson777 Active Member

That's really cool Kramer!..

10. Avago

Avago Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Also had this happen to me...
    Me thinks... maybe, just maybe, they're workers in the worlds oldest profession going about their professional business.