Appeals court sides with California on order to make Uber and Lyft drivers employees

Judge and Jury

I hope 22 fails
Why?

Are you looking forward to being a part time, minimum wage employee, whose schedule and area of operations are determined by an algorithm?

Who in their right mind would want to be an actual employee of these despicable gig app companies?

Escoman

Why?

Are you looking forward to being a part time, minimum wage employee, whose schedule and area of operations are determined by an algorithm?

Who in their right mind would want to be an actual employee of these despicable gig app companies?
Well if you actually read 22 you become a slave with no recourse you can't sue can't collective bargain are guaranteed $5 64 hour and the benefits well so many loopholes they are going to weasel out of them. Plus you get .30 Mile vs .57 no pay while waiting for rides. They did not spend $200,000,000 to benefit you. Nothing in Ab5 deals with hours worked or shifts it's all Uber lies and screw tactics enjoy your $5.64 sucks.

SHalester

.....AND YET, no matter what the court has decided, nobody in calif has filled out a W4 and no payroll checks have been cut.

huh. So no difference.....yet....and if Prop 22 passes, U/L and others just run the clock out until Jan 1st 2021.

and just in case Prop 22 fizzles, I've got my resume all ready to 'apply' at Uber. hahahahahahahaha, I crack myself up.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

.....AND YET, no matter what the court has decided, nobody in calif has filled out a W4 and no payroll checks have been cut.

huh. So no difference.....yet....and if Prop 22 passes, U/L and others just run the clock out until Jan 1st 2021.

and just in case Prop 22 fizzles, I've got my resume all ready to 'apply' at Uber. hahahahahahahaha, I crack myself up.

It won’t be a resume it will be an online application.

And frankly I’m too afraid of what’s going to happen to risk shorting Uber,lyft and GrubHub today.

It’s not as sure of a thing as shorting their stock before financials are posted.

Judge and Jury

Well if you actually read 22 you become a slave with no recourse you can't sue can't collective bargain are guaranteed $5 64 hour and the benefits well so many loopholes they are going to weasel out of them. Plus you get .30 Mile vs .57 no pay while waiting for rides. They did not spend $200,000,000 to benefit you. Nothing in Ab5 deals with hours worked or shifts it's all Uber lies and screw tactics enjoy your $5.64 sucks.
Read prop. 22. Also, AB5 and the Dynamex decision.

Decided modified contractor status utilizing numerous apps on my own schedule as a contractor was preferable to;

part time, minimum wage status as an employee
with non-compete clauses of the malicious gig app companies with algorithms deciding my scheduled hours and territory.

Collective bargaining? Why would I want to be lumped in with bottom of the barrel contractors who can't figure out how to be profitable?

A California appeals court sided with a lower court judge on an August ruling ordering Uber and Lyft to stop classifying drivers as independent contractors.

Uber and Lyft were given 30 days from an expected later ruling to come into compliance with the order. That will effectively require the companies to make drivers employees unless a November ballot measure aimed at codifying their status as independent contractors renders the ruling moot, or a subsequent appeal to the state Supreme Court is successful.

The San Francisco City Attorney’s Twitter account lauded the ruling in a tweet.
“We just won a unanimous victory for workers in our case against Uber and Lyft in the Court of Appeals,” the office said. “Drivers are employees.”

The city attorney, along with those from San Diego and Los Angeles, joined state attorney general Xavier Becerra in suing Uber and Lyft in May. They alleged the companies were misclassifying hundreds of thousands of workers under Assembly Bill 5, the landmark law requiring companies to classify certain categories of gig workers as employees.

A San Francisco judge ruled in August that Uber and Lyft had to stop classifying drivers as independent contractors, but the decision was stayed through Wednesday’s appeal, which spelled out the terms of lifting the stay.
“This ruling makes it more urgent than ever for voters to stand with drivers and vote yes on Prop. 22,” Lyft spokesman Julie Wood said.
The company said it is considering all of its legal options, including appealing to the state supreme court.
Uber didn’t have immediate comment.

Right,so now THEY call the shots,surreal is it not?...THANKS to the seven millions plus cheap people who didn’t want to lose their cheap ride subsidized by the moron on the wheel!!!...congrats hope you get the same...