1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

appealing an account deactivation

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Romalu, Nov 29, 2018.

1. I drive for both Uber and Lyft. Last night, I got an Uber text right before bed alerting me that a passenger had reported concerns with my driving (something about braking/maneuvering or whatever). It was my second such alert in less than a week, and that was really surprising because I hadn't had any before this for a few months. This morning I woke up to find my account had been deactivated! I spoke with support on the phone and with a rep in person. I got no further info about what exactly the passenger reported, no opportunity to explain my side of things or appeal, and no option to take a safety course and get my account reinstated. Just that's it, that's all, goodbye!

Has anyone else had this happen? If you were able to get reinstated, how?

2. mikes424

mikes424

If you follow the news, remember when Jim Acosta got kicked out of the White House press conference. (Not arguing if it should or should not have been done. That is a topic for a different thread).

A judge ordered him reinstated due to the fact he was not given a chance to defend himself. I am not a lawyer but I do see some corelation between that and what Uber does with deactivation.

A lawyer may be able to help but if you lose you may be on the hook for big bucks. If you decide to talk to a lawyer mention the possibility of a class action suit. You are not the only one deactivated without a chance to defend youtself or face your accuser.

LAbDog65 likes this.
  3. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    Ive talked to Rohit on your behalf. Thanks to my master negotiation skills, ive gotten you reinstated within 48 hours. Dont forget my christmas card or to add me to your will.

Juggalo9er and Jay Dean like this.
  4. I was just going to make the call

5. 911 Guy

911 Guy

If you had a dash cam and did actually not drive stupidly, they'd reactivate you. Drivers having actually proof forces them to deal with the pax. They hate that.

6. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    Fake it, theyve never asked for my footage.

Christinebitg and 911 Guy like this.
  7. Sammi Kurr

Sammi Kurr

Driving:
    UberX
    I've had this Theory about claims like yours. I feel Lyft has saboteurs that do this to good drivers. Things they do when I work for them suggest that they are pretty desperate as a company. Especially in certain markets... I picked a Lyft ambassador in LA and dropped him off in this seedy warehouse district where a guy handed him an address of where he had to go next.During that ride, I got pulled over by the cops for nothing but was oddly questions and the ambassador seemed interested in my responses. Just a weird experience. But, if you get back on for whatever reason, always engage your rider in conversation. It builds confidence both for you in handling riders and the rider by giving them confidence that they're on a safe ride... Also, always go with your gut.if someone seems off drive right bye. Avoid the ghetto. Study faces and their associated personalities at diner or a Starbucks. Mean people will do mean things. Don't give anyone the chance to do something mean to your driving reputation. Good Luck...

8. Bottom line:

We always have been, Always will
    Be Disposable non employees

Thousands of newbies signing up Everyday

9. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    You should freshen up your video library to fight the boredom waiting on Lyft fares. That helps preserve your sanity; otherwise you can find yourself going through a mental breakdown. There are stories of drivers snapping out on the job, so take care of yourself and Merry Christmas!

Gtown Driver likes this.
  10. Gtown Driver

Gtown Driver

Driving:
    Lyft
    Yeah you better be in the city if you can only do Lyft. Average day on Lyft is slow AF in burbs.

11. TDR

TDR

Stupid

Do you want come back for Uber?
    Reactivated?
    Thanks and happy holidays!!!!

12. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Could it be that this was just a temporary 48 hr account deactivation while they 'investigate'? That's what happens sometimes. Okay, just realized the thread is already over a week old, so I guess you'll know by now whether it was permanent. Either way, if possible going to a Greenlight Hub and speaking face to face with someone might get you better results.

13. Sammi Kurr

Sammi Kurr

Driving:
    UberX
    Lyft temporarily deactivated me while the investigated a drinking complaint..My high ratings got me back on. The pax was a @@@@@@. Complains about me drinking yet he stay on the whole 8 mile/15 min ride.

I told them to have a police offer do a field sobriety test right away on such a serious allegation. When passed, the pax should be fined a damage fee or their name and address should be offered to the driver for legal action. With these stipulations, there will not be much if any of these careless reviews. I wish someone with a speech handicap, with a lawyer on retainer would be ready to set a precedence for this unlawful deactivation.