App update - New Cancel reasons

Taxi2Uber

Looks like Uber changed the wording, and added some selections for reasons to cancel.
Choosing "Rider has an animal" when cancelling seems like it could be problematic. ("Its a trap!")
Choosing "Vehicle issue" opens the door for Uber to put account on hold and "investigate".
Wonder what the algorhithm thinks when you choose "Pick up isn't worth it"
I did choose "Rider Behavior" on a cancel, and seconds later I accepted another ping and got the same rider.
So that one clearly works. :rolleyes:

cancel selections.JPG

Spider-Man

Always bar none if you want a fee “ rider isn’t here “
If you don’t want the fee then choose another option

Taxi2Uber

Always bar none if you want a fee “ rider isn’t here “
If you don’t want the fee then choose another option
As long as the timer runs out and you get the go-ahead from the app to cancel, I've received the fee with whatever reason I chose. I've read others say what you've said, but usually find out they cancelled too soon.

Spider-Man

As long as the timer runs out and you get the go-ahead from the app to cancel, I've received the fee with whatever reason I chose. I've read others say what you've said, but usually find out they cancelled too soon.
I’ve hit other reasons listed below after 5m where the red sign comes on . And it’s a crap shoot. I’ve done car seat , wrong address and there were times after 5m I didn’t receive it . But rider isn’t here is 100% success rate

LVC

I’ve hit other reasons listed below after 5m where the red sign comes on . And it’s a crap shoot. I’ve done car seat , wrong address and there were times after 5m I didn’t receive it . But rider isn’t here is 100% success rate

Even that isn’t 100% fool proof, I lost one with selecting rider isn’t here. I was around Boulder Hwy and Lake Mead Pkwy when I got a ping to the Hilton at Lake Las Vegas, yes there was a long distance pick up fee with this one. When I was about 3 miles from the pick up I get a phone call from the pax. The pax informed me that they really don’t need an Uber ride, what the wanted me to do was pick up a few packs of cigarettes for them and deliver the cigs to them.

I told them no deal, I’m not in the delivery business, so they requested I cancel the ride then. I continued to the pick up location with Lyft online, waited at the pick up location for the 5m timer to indicate a cancel and canceled. Got a Lyft ping nearby going to Sunset Station so all was not lost. Uber showed a cancellation fee paid to me for $5 and some odd change, figured I got them and on my merry way with a Lyft pax out of Lake Las Vegas.

Later that night I check my ride earnings and that cancellation was gone, I contacted support and y’all can guess how well that went. I was told by support that the passenger said I never showed up and cancelled the ride on them. I explained to Uber support that I did arrive at the pick up location despite the request to cancel the ride for refusing to be a delivery driver. About a half dozen emails back and fourth I lost, Uber took the word of the pax and didn’t give me the cancel fee.

Spider-Man

Even that isn’t 100% fool proof, I lost one with selecting rider isn’t here. I was around Boulder Hwy and Lake Mead Pkwy when I got a ping to the Hilton at Lake Las Vegas, yes there was a long distance pick up fee with this one. When I was about 3 miles from the pick up I get a phone call from the pax. The pax informed me that they really don’t need an Uber ride, what the wanted me to do was pick up a few packs of cigarettes for them and deliver the cigs to them.

I told them no deal, I’m not in the delivery business, so they requested I cancel the ride then. I continued to the pick up location with Lyft online, waited at the pick up location for the 5m timer to indicate a cancel and canceled. Got a Lyft ping nearby going to Sunset Station so all was not lost. Uber showed a cancellation fee paid to me for $5 and some odd change, figured I got them and on my merry way with a Lyft pax out of Lake Las Vegas.

Later that night I check my ride earnings and that cancellation was gone, I contacted support and y’all can guess how well that went. I was told by support that the passenger said I never showed up and cancelled the ride on them. I explained to Uber support that I did arrive at the pick up location despite the request to cancel the ride for refusing to be a delivery driver. About a half dozen emails back and fourth I lost, Uber took the word of the pax and didn’t give me the cancel fee.
Yea that blows. But initially you were paid . But im still 100% since doing this . So hope that doesn’t happen to me .

Base Rate Sucks

And yet you wont get paid for any of those reasons except for rider didn’t show up. Just keep doing what we have been doing. No car seat, etc choose rider didn’t show up.
Agreed....Unless a driver can verify an automatic cancel fee for one of those new reasons ....always choose rider didnt show up or else you'll be on the uber support hold for 30 min pleading your case for a cancel fee. Not worth the time. I would like to see no gate code provided and rider had alcoholic beverage. I don't allow alcohol or open anything in my car.....and I never call or text pool riders for a gate code. Cancel fee is easier for 2 min wait.
Post automatically merged:

The GPS would show you at the pickup destination. Always tell the support person to review the GPS info. They will always go by that record. Also when something is fishy always text passenger so that there is record. Support cant review phone conversations. I always punch the arrived button too which uber is also notified and recorded.

Last edited:

Taxi2Uber

....Unless a driver can verify an automatic cancel fee for one of those new reasons ....always choose rider didnt show up
Do what you want of course, but selecting "no car seat", for example, gives uber a heads up about that rider.
If other drivers have cancelled that rider for the same reason, that rider now has a history of pulling this stuff.

I had a ping where I was staging and sure enough, baby with no car seat.
I told the riders I'm not taking them, so they cancelled within 1 minute. No cancel fee.
Since they cancelled and not me, I had a record of it on my list of trips.
I reported them as rude and no car seat, and Uber adjusted the fare and gave me the cancel fee and charged the rider.
I suspect the rider had a history of cancels with no car seat, thanks to other drivers accurately selecting their reason to cancel.

Ajaywill

.....I suspect the rider had a history of cancels with no car seat, thanks to other drivers accurately selecting their reason to cancel.

And yet....here they are with the ability to request another ride and not deactivated as they should be.

I have at least figured this much out.....Riders represent income for U/L, drivers represent expenses.....whose side do you think they're going to take?