App shows difference in pricing for Rideshare vs Taxi.

Euius

Was hoping the uber app would start to show comparative pricing. What a let down.

That webpage only shows uberx/normal Lyft. Not Pool or Line. Nothing more than somebody can get from the apps themselves as estimates.

hanging in there

This app is a joke. Maybe it is too new and needs to mature. For now the taxi pricing I tried on a couple of hot spots was way off, one too high, another one way way too low. When I tried pressing on the link to "Help make this estimate better" it balked at me with some kind of error message. And you can't even enter JWA, or SNA, or even Orange County Airport. You have to type "John Wayne Airport". It might be useful some day, especially if it actually tracked the true Uber/Lyft pricing in real time. As it is now, you have to enter the surge multiplier, but Uber is doing away with that and going to actual pricing estimates.

RedoBeach

Was hoping the uber app would start to show comparative pricing. What a let down.

That webpage only shows uberx/normal Lyft. Not Pool or Line. Nothing more than somebody can get from the apps themselves as estimates.
The passenger app used to show "this is 1/3 the cost of a taxi," even when surge was in effect, but no longer does. I'm not sure why they got rid of it.