• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

App says " your vehicle is not allowed to operate in Cheyenne"

Jholer12

I just signed up to drive today. When I try to go online the app thinks I am in Cheyenne...I am hundreds of miles from there.
Any tips?
And no, I don't really want to hear 'Quit driving for Uber'...;-)

Grand

I just signed up to drive today. When I try to go online the app thinks I am in Cheyenne...I am hundreds of miles from there.
Any tips?
Welcome to the forum.:smiles:

Logically either contact them via app, phone or visit your local hub to resolve.

Tips ? - there is so much info here.
This newbie link maybe of assistance.
https://uberpeople.net/threads/beginners-advice.149152/

You may like to check and contribute to your city sub forum.
https://uberpeople.net/forums/Cities/

Also consider checking your local Lyft/Uber web sites that may include city/airport info, hot spots and times etc.

Jholer12

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did that, just thought maybe it could be a settings issue that was fixable on my end. Doesn't appear to be so. Thanks for the reply!

Jholer12

So, looks like they accidentally authorized me to operate in Jackson, MS.
I am in Jackson Hole, Wyoming (hundreds of miles from Cheyenne).
They say it might take a few weeks to sort out...

reg barclay

So, looks like they accidentally authorized me to operate in Jackson, MS.
I am in Jackson Hole, Wyoming (hundreds of miles from Cheyenne).
They say it might take a few weeks to sort out...
Sounds like your account was set to the wrong city/state. If you haven't done so already, tell them to change it to your proper city. They say it could take a few weeks. I think they tell us the max, but in reality it can take a lot less, which has been my experience in the past.

Jholer12

I don't know who there reviews documents, but my address, license, insurance, and registration all say Jackson Hole, WY.
Bots?

melusine3

Any tips?
With any problem with the app, try hard re-booting your phone. If that doesn't work, delete the app and reinstall.

Jholer12

Update...they still haven't processed the wy background check...summer tourist season will be over before they get to it.