• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

App preferences Snafu

SFRichard1

After installing iOS 13, which allows both Google Maps and Uber apps to be open at the same time, I turned off voice by voice navigation in the Uber app. Worked as expected until yesterday (Nov 6). Then all of a sudden Uber voice navigation was back on. Had to turn it off again.

Then today I started getting Uber Eats requests. I have never done delivery and have never wanted to do delivery. I have never gotten a request for delivery, until today. Fortunately after 3 Uber Eats requests in a row, during the morning rush, it stopped. I thought there was a preference in the app to allow/disable delivery requests, but I can't find it now. Haven't done any recent app updates so I don't know what's going on.

Ping.Me.More

After installing iOS 13, which allows both Google Maps and Uber apps to be open at the same time, I turned off voice by voice navigation in the Uber app. Worked as expected until yesterday (Nov 6). Then all of a sudden Uber voice navigation was back on. Had to turn it off again.

Then today I started getting Uber Eats requests. I have never done delivery and have never wanted to do delivery. I have never gotten a request for delivery, until today. Fortunately after 3 Uber Eats requests in a row, during the morning rush, it stopped. I thought there was a preference in the app to allow/disable delivery requests, but I can't find it now. Haven't done any recent app updates so I don't know what's going on.
Same thing has been happening to me. Uber turning on the Uber Eats preference, then sending me delivery pings. To turn it off, tap the main screen's lower right menu icon to reveal the "trip planner" screen. Next, on the trip planner screen, tap the icon in the lower right corner
of that screen, to reveal the "Driving Preferences" screen. Set deliveries to OFF, then
press SAVE. You're good to go . . . until, that is, they eventually do it to you again. Rinse, Repeat.

peteyvavs

Ha Ha Ha that teach you that using Apple products suck.

SFRichard1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Same thing has been happening to me. Uber turning on the Uber Eats preference, then sending me delivery pings. To turn it off, tap the main screen's lower right menu icon to reveal the "trip planner" screen. Next, on the trip planner screen, tap the icon in the lower right corner
of that screen, to reveal the "Driving Preferences" screen. Set deliveries to OFF, then
press SAVE. You're good to go . . . until, that is, they eventually do it to you again. Rinse, Repeat.
Thanks, that did it, for now. Fortunately didn't get any delivery requests today.

And then today, no sound at all. Sound preferenes were all OK. Turned on Navigation voice, then off. Sound back to normal, for now.

Who is John Galt?

After installing iOS 13, which allows both Google Maps and Uber apps to be open at the same time, I turned off voice by voice navigation in the Uber app.

You turned it off!?

Why would you even have it turned on? It is only there for those so visually impaired, they drive with a guide dog and tap a white cane out the driver’s side window.

tohunt4me

You turned it off!?

Why would you even have it turned on? It is only there for those so visually impaired, they drive with a guide dog and tap a white cane out the driver’s side window.

" Service Dog" is not amused !

( ever WONDER why they have " Braille" on the bank Drive Through A.T.M. ? Scary Landscape of P.C. Utopia !)

*( i am just wondering in amazement how Remi Gaillard managed to find a 30 year old Renault that runs !)

Attachments

Last edited: