App magically turns itself back on??

Uberadd

Hey group. I'm trying to see if I'm losing my mind or not. Sometimes when I'm out, during a ride I will push the "stop accepting rides" button because I like to know what the map looks like after I finish a ride. A number of times I know I pushed that button but all of a sudden a ride request will come through on my phone. Has this happened to anyone else??

tohunt4me

Hey group. I'm trying to see if I'm losing my mind or not. Sometimes when I'm out, during a ride I will push the "stop accepting rides" button because I like to know what the map looks like after I finish a ride. A number of times I know I pushed that button but all of a sudden a ride request will come through on my phone. Has this happened to anyone else??
Wait till they film You in the restroom.

tohunt4me

Screenshot_2020-08-16-02-24-12.png

LyftUberFuwabolewa

With Uber that happened to me once recently. I’m pretty sure I tapped the button but it didn’t register. I don’t think Uber is goofing around.

Now left on the other hand is a different story. I’ve noticed that if you were in a busy area and you go into the last ride mode, when you drop the passenger off the screen will pop Up asking you if you really really really want to go off-line? It seems like if you don’t answer that screen it times out and puts you back online.

Are usually only use Lyft when there are no rides on Uber or I’m in a neighborhood where I might want to cancel a ride after accepting. So what has happened to me is I drive a Lyft ride in last ride mode, get an Uber ride, and while I’m driving Uber ride I hear lifts little jingle that I am being offered a ride. Of course I declined the ride, Get rebuked by the Lyft app, Go off-line again with Lyft and continue on my way

waldowainthrop

The situation you’re describing may happen when you have a problem with your connection the moment you press the button to go offline. If your connection drops at all, you will not be able to go offline, because the app server is still sending you requests and considering your client app to be “online” until it receives the message that you want to go offline. If enough time passes, it will not respect your earlier command to go “offline” and you will have to request it again when you have a better data connection.

The crazy thing is: if you go into a complete cellular dead zone, your phone is functionally “offline”, but your client app and account is considered “online” until you regain signal. You will continue to get requests, even if you have requested to go offline, because the server doesn’t know you’ve made that request yet.

It’s a flaw in how the app is designed, as a result of the app being “robust” in dealing with signal outages. If you got kicked offline every time your phone had poor data connectivity, that would be a different kind of problem, and the client app would cease to work properly for most drivers.