• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

App goes offline during the ride or after accepting the ping.

NMDRIVER

Anybody in Toronto area with similar experience?
UBER help desk suggests reinstalling the app, restarting the phone and do not address it seriously.
I know couple more guys who are experiencing this b***sh*** recently
and UBER, like, dont care

NMDRIVER

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yup,just restart your phone the trip will still be going
Restart the phone while driving with a pax onboard?
So you just would restart your phone 6 to 10 times a day?
It will be going to hell forever.
If you cannot suggest permanent solution then please don't waste your time on giving me this kind of advise.
I've done that several times before even contacted the so called help desk.
It comes back again and again.
Im asking if UBER can address this issue.
And I believe they have someone monitoring all these forums.
And I want the answer from the person who qualified to answer technical questions.
Is it going to be fixed?

Lolinator

Restart the phone while driving with a pax onboard?
So you just would restart your phone 6 to 10 times a day?
It will be going to hell forever.
If you cannot suggest permanent solution then please don't waste your time on giving me this kind of advise.
I've done that several times before even contacted the so called help desk.
It comes back again and again.
Im asking if UBER can address this issue.
And I believe they have someone monitoring all these forums.
And I want the answer from the person who qualified to answer technical questions.
Is it going to be fixed?
i mailed my phone to uberfool and he fixed mine lol

Lolinator

Says who. No proof has been shown any uber employee is watching this forum. And even if they did, I have never seen any one of them comment.

You want UBER help then quit complaining and go to a Green Hub.
too much gas money for him haha

why the hell would an uber employee want to work 8a-5pm and do MORE work for free??

do you drive without expectation of getting paid? i want to join haha

NMDRIVER

So, no one else have had this problem? Or all of you guys are just restarting your phones on regular basis and everybody happy?
Well, take me out of that list of happy uber"s a$$ leaking crowd.
And yes, I don't understand why to go to a Green Hub.
The IT team is not sitting there.

CDNcrippler1

So, no one else have had this problem? Or all of you guys are just restarting your phones on regular basis and everybody happy?
Well, take me out of that list of happy uber"s a$$ leaking crowd.
And yes, I don't understand why to go to a Green Hub.
The IT team is not sitting there.
Wahhh!! Noone will help me here wahhhh!!! Stop your whining and go to green hub they will know more than anyone here who aren't i.t. for uber. You obviously have an issue with your phone because noone else has that problem because there are no threads on it.

NMDRIVER

Wahhh!! Noone will help me here wahhhh!!! Stop your whining and go to green hub they will know more than anyone here who aren't i.t. for uber. You obviously have an issue with your phone because noone else has that problem because there are no threads on it.
Stop telling me what to do. What I've asked for is tell me if anybody else had this problem. Now I see a bunch of clowns trying to outsmart each other .
I'm not going to entertain you boys for free. Go ahead and show how smart you are. I'm fed up with this cheap show, let it go on without my presence LOL

UberDriver472837

Attachments

CDNcrippler1

Stop telling me what to do. What I've asked for is tell me if anybody else had this problem. Now I see a bunch of clowns trying to outsmart each other .
I'm not going to entertain you boys for free. Go ahead and show how smart you are. I'm fed up with this cheap show, let it go on without my presence LOL
HAHAHAHAHA stop telling me what to do or I will tell mommy!! Hahahhaha omg son

tumbleweeds

Having this problem too. It's an UBER APP issue. Not a phone/network issue. Started about ~1.5 months ago, for me.

Just force close and restart the app each times it happens. Prolly take Uber about a year to solve it.

Athos

I'm having the same problem. I don't reboot the phone though. I just reboot the app. Your trip will still be there.

You might do better here if you were more polite to the members.

UbyDoBiDo

I have the same problem too.

dmoney155

Anybody in Toronto area with similar experience?
UBER help desk suggests reinstalling the app, restarting the phone and do not address it seriously.
I know couple more guys who are experiencing this b***sh*** recently
and UBER, like, dont care
I have that problem, I think this been raised on many threads here, just force shutdown app, and start it up again... yes with pax, they don't care, at least ones I had so far.... keep your eyes on the road... been doing it so many times, I can almost do it with eyes closed... really not a big deal to me.

UberMotard

This is an issue with the app on my phone as well.
Spoke with several other drivers and they have the same issue too, different carriers and different phones.
Might be something related to our market as this seems specific to the GTA.
Maybe something in the app that requires extra resources or maybe the way the app integrates with the different comunicatons requirements.
For Uber to be able to tackle this issue am sure they will require specific information.
Such as phone type and carrier used and also everyone should report this so they are aware of the magnitude of the problem.

JanMarkus

I had the same issue every now and then. I contacted Help and gave me the same blah blah blah. It came to a point I just ignored it and wait till I arrive at the destination. Wait a few seconds then app is back online. Then you can end the trip. The only issuenis if you are using Uber navigation then there is a likelihood you will get lost unless you know the roads and/or your rider helps you out. Solution is to use Google Maps or Was for your navigation so even if UberApp shuts down in the middle of the trip, Google maps or Waze will continue to work.