AON!!!

SMOTY

just received this in app message of protection insurance through AON. Anybody else get this today I drive in OC California. I feel like it’s too good to be true!! I ve heard a while back they were testing this in other markets what do you guys think about it. I will opt in most likely opt in. But I like this even tho this morning they took away 4 of my destination filters haha. That hilarious. [email protected]@@K!

UberLaLa

Trust that it makes them money and provides very little...we are talking about Lyft/Uber here.

Strange Fruit

The announcement had the words "covered accident". "For injuries covered through this option insurance there are.....benefits."
It's way better than nothing, but did anyone see what is covered? Due to history, it's always wise to see what Uber is up to. I had a young rider tell me "Uber just gave my friend a car". Uh, no, they hooked him up with a lease that I've heard many people regretted.

Mine says it costs 3.75c per mile, but they'll raise our pay "a bit more". So why not just say it costs whatever 3.75c minus a bit is? Ubermath. Like when they paid us 25% of some number per mile, instead of just doing the math first and paying us that number. Ubermath.

SorryBluetoothOnly

Like when they paid us 25% of some number per mile, instead of just doing the math first and paying us that number. Ubermath.

I agree with your sentiment that Uber math is usually dumb, but they kind of had to do it this way because they were trying to fit a square peg (up front fares) into a round hole (our previous contract).

Strange Fruit

Reading the policy is making me ill. The limitations seem reasonable. Not shady.
I agree with your sentiment that Uber math is usually dumb, but they kind of had to do it this way because they were trying to fit a square peg (up front fares) into a round hole (our previous contract).
Their solution, which came a few months later, wasn't that difficult to figure out. Make us click a new agreement before going online, and take out the Uber math. That could have been done when up front started. Instead they waited a few months. There are still drivers confused and thinking there is a percentage take. It's so strange.

SorryBluetoothOnly

Reading the policy is making me ill. The limitations seem reasonable. Not shady.

Their solution, which came a few months later, wasn't that difficult to figure out. Make us click a new agreement before going online, and take out the Uber math. That could have been done when up front started. Instead they waited a few months. There are still drivers confused and thinking there is a percentage take. It's so strange.

They were trying to sneak one by drivers. It wasn't poor math on their part. They don't care if people were confused.