Anyone Working Opening Day

vesolehome

The Uber hype machine is in full swing with Tigers opening day/weekend. But I've found their recent hype is way off. No surges, no heavy demand. I didn't drive on Monday for the Championship game but I ran the rider app and saw no surges at all in my area.

I'm guessing the opening day will be the same unless you just take people from bar to ballpark

Patrick Callahan

I think a lot of people could give two sh*ts about the NCAA final game.When you put 45000+ people in one spot in Detroit and it's one big party,yeah Friday will be big! Plenty of drunkies though!

vesolehome

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
image.png

Oh I'll be down there......not to drive though. Go Tigers!
Enjoy the day.

The 30 cents a mile drivers are out early. Burning gas and driving in circles hoping to make $2.79 a ride. Uber will never change anything as long as people are willing to work for less than poverty.

Thatendedbadly

The Uber hype machine is in full swing with Tigers opening day/weekend. But I've found their recent hype is way off. No surges, no heavy demand. I didn't drive on Monday for the Championship game but I ran the rider app and saw no surges at all in my area.

I'm guessing the opening day will be the same unless you just take people from bar to ballpark
Yeah, I am, but at a real job. A job with good pay, paid medical-which I can decline and collect the money for-paid holidays, etc.

Michguy01

Yeah, I had a blast. Spent too much money but was well worth it!

When I was walking around I saw the Uber tent, man I so wanted to go in there..... Lol But I didn't. They had quite a few people lined up.... Signing up drivers I would assume.

kboy3

Between both platforms I made ~$450 in 10 hours from 230-when my girlfriend got off work. No I am not sharing my earnings. All I can say is it was definitely worth it if you knew what to do.

vesolehome

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Between both platforms I made ~$450 in 10 hours from 230-when my girlfriend got off work. No I am not sharing my earnings. All I can say is it was definitely worth it if you knew what to do.
I would imagine you needed to work the ballpark area? Thanks for sharing