• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone who already returned plates..?

Slat90

If you already returned your plates and switched your car to regular dmv plates. How much did it cost you and what was the process? Thanks in advance

Verge Vergis

I was going to ask this same question. I have till the end of October to consider whether or not I want to renew tlc registration on my car.

Not sure if it's worth continuing in this biz.

TheFixer1

It will cost you a regular passenger plated registration fee, which is good for two years, you will have to call a broker and have the vehicle insured by the date you want to make those changes, you will go to the DMV with the TLC plates, fill out the proper paperwork, return the TLC plates, they will issue you a receipt for the returned plates, then they will issue you the new passenger plates after you submit to them a copy of your policy by your insurance company, your insurance company will issue you the proper paper work to take to the DMV.

Slat90

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A
It will cost you a regular passenger plated registration fee, which is good for two years, you will have to call a broker and have the vehicle insured by the date you want to make those changes, you will go to the DMV with the TLC plates, fill out the proper paperwork, return the TLC plates, they will issue you a receipt for the returned plates, then they will issue you the new passenger plates after you submit to them a copy of your policy by your insurance company, your insurance company will issue you the proper paper work to take to the DMV.
any idea how much would it cost. Honda odyssey 2016 and would they give me something back from the old registration? It's up in October. I already have my USAA a insurance

aluber1968

A
any idea how much would it cost. Honda odyssey 2016 and would they give me something back from the old registration? It's up in October. I already have my USAA a insurance
You will not get any refund for the plates. You might get some credit towards your new regular plates.
What branch of military did you serve in?

Last edited:

Slat90

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You will not get any refund for the plates. You might get some credit towards your new regular plates.
What branch of military did you serve in?
Not even any credit. Nothing that's TLC for you