Anyone using GOPRO as a dash camera

Inshur

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
You won't have locked event recordings, when something happens a dedicated dash cam will have some shock sensor to detect a hard brake event or hard acceleration or a crash and lock the recording so it won't get deleted. The go pro will eventually overwrite that information. Also, dash cams automatically turn on when the car does, you'll have to always turn on the go pro. Also some cameras have parking mode, if your car has a 'shock' event, the camera will turn on and record the event while you are away.

Just get a highly reviewed dedicated dash cam with the features you need, I use falcon zero F170+ that I got on sale. Works amazing, and the included software is great as well.

Uberinian

You won't have locked event recordings, when something happens a dedicated dash cam will have some shock sensor to detect a hard brake event or hard acceleration or a crash and lock the recording so it won't get deleted. The go pro will eventually overwrite that information. Also, dash cams automatically turn on when the car does, you'll have to always turn on the go pro. Also some cameras have parking mode, if your car has a 'shock' event, the camera will turn on and record the event while you are away.

Just get a highly reviewed dedicated dash cam with the features you need, I use falcon zero F170+ that I got on sale. Works amazing, and the included software is great as well.
What software does your falcon f170 come with? I didn't get any software

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
I've had the camera for 2 years almost, at the time the camera was selling for 149, I got it for 112 off of Amazon aswell.

Adtim

I have Nexar that works fine, which actually saves me money on my insurance for having it.

BOO3

Finally decided GoPro is the way to go for its RELIABILITY and RESOLUTION. Before I drop my money anyone with experience with these things?

Saw a bunch of bikini clad hot models recorded with a GoPro inside a Nissan GTR on YouTube. :smiles:

Zubera

How's mirror itself? Is it as good as factory mirror? Does it show cars smaller in the mirror and makes you think that cars behind you are far away?

Inshur New York