• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE
Inshur

Anyone used DCL OR Motorcade for Private Hire Insurance

Hey guys,

im just about to hopefully join uber to work part time.

DCL insurance have given me a fully comp quote of £3300. Its the cheapest quote i have got so far.

Has anyone used DCL? or even Motorcade?

Thank you all in advance

uberR

I use motorcade, they quoted me roughly similar for annual, but now I do it on a quarterly basis, pay about 850ish 872 including cc charge. But I have downgraded to a Prius since my last renewal so hopefully when/if I renew in a couple of months it will go lower. Since I am only doing this p/t and on a temp basis it works out for me, also they have said if I take out the insurance 4 times in a row they will give me a 1 yr nc bonus. Only thing that annoys me about them is that they charge you 25 admin fee for any changes, and if you upgrade to a higher group insurance car they expect you to pay the difference but if it is other way round they don't give you a refund.

Shers

Hey guys,

im just about to hopefully join uber to work part time.

DCL insurance have given me a fully comp quote of £3300. Its the cheapest quote i have got so far.

Has anyone used DCL? or even Motorcade?

Thank you all in advance

Have a quick look at the other thread re: Insurance it may help or at least give you another option.

Uberx1

My first insurance was with motorcade and I paid £3500 third party only. No fire and theft included.

UberSlash

Yes but when i tried getting a quote from you both times someone said they would call back but never did.
Stuck with DCL who also do 20% discount for Uber drivers, £1900 fully comp with 1years NC.

Hogster

At Aston Scott we offer 20% discount for Uber drivers with no administration charges.
Is this 20% a GENUINE discount Samuel?

By that I mean if I called without mentioning the 20% for Uber Drivers and you quoted let's say £1400 for Annual policy, then can we assume I could then drop the "20% discount" into our conversation and Aston Scott would reduce my premium to £1120 from £1400?

Fair question

Hogster

Reason for me asking my specific question about the discount being genuine or not, is that so many "discounts" are only poor quality marketing ploys like certain supermarkets use to pull in some extra business off people who don't shop around

Hope you get my drift?