• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone use CarGo?

raisedoncereal

The box has mainly been just getting in the way of having a comfy armrest.

But today I got an email with $2 commission instead of $1 so I'm probably gonna buy out the box minus the 5hr energy for a slight profit, or break-even after taxes.

How have you done with sales?

raisedoncereal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I knew it was a failing business model when I saw that I received a $1.37 commission on a $1.49 item sale.

Unless they're getting some sort of backend promotional marketing type deal from the product manufacturer
Post automatically merged:

Today it's about to be a $2.37 commission on that $1.49 item

Who would have thought that you can profit from snacking on Cheez-Its

raisedoncereal

I have no idea what it takes to run a large organization such as Uber, or how truly expensive the cost of operations is on a business of that scale, but it sure does seem inefficient to be losing money on that amount of revenue and margins

I mean, put me in coach! Let me make the moneys for you, Uber

Last edited:

Kyanar

I knew it was a failing business model when I saw that I received a $1.37 commission on a $1.49 item sale.

Unless they're getting some sort of backend promotional marketing type deal from the product manufacturer
They are. We have a similar business here in Australia called Grabox, and they even pay commission on products which are “sold” for FREE to the riders!

raisedoncereal

Same here. The CarGO box comes with 5 free items, each paying $1 commission + $5 weekly commission so you're guaranteed at least $10 just for trying it out.