Anyone use a tablet in addition to a phone?

Omega 3

Anyone use a tablet in addition to a phone? Please show any pics of it mounted. Do you run any car apps on it?

Chocoholic

Don't have personally, but a friend of mine has an extensive ham radio setup in his car (about 8 radios) over the center console, all on RAM Mount systems. Google RAM Mount. THey have a website and are available on Amazon.

Omega 3

Don't have personally, but a friend of mine has an extensive ham radio setup in his car (about 8 radios) over the center console, all on RAM Mount systems. Google RAM Mount. THey have a website and are available on Amazon.
Thanks. I like those RAM mounts.
Post automatically merged:

I occasionally use my Tab E. I use a CD mount that is designed to fit either a phone or tablet.
I will check out the Tab E. I forgot to mention I am also looking for tablet. I don't want to go to cheap because if it is in the car it needs to be reliable and responsive. I plan to run it while using the phone's hotspot capability. I wonder if that will slow down the Uber/Lyft app.

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-
Thanks. I like those RAM mounts.

I will check out the Tab E. I forgot to mention I am also looking for tablet. I don't want to go to cheap because if it is in the car it needs to be reliable and responsive. I plan to run it while using the phone's hotspot capability. I wonder if that will slow down the Uber/Lyft app.

The Tab E is becoming quickly outdated. If you don't want to go cheap then definitely invest in something better. The Tab E is probably the minimum you would want.

Omega 3

The Tab E is becoming quickly outdated. If you don't want to go cheap then definitely invest in something better. The Tab E is probably the minimum you would want.
Do you think the Galaxy Tab A would be fast enough? $110 on Amazon.

uberist

Anyone use a tablet in addition to a phone? Please show any pics of it mounted. Do you run any car apps on it?
Used a tablet only, free hangouts app as the phone number, pax never had a chance to get my number from uber, used a cupholder mount , no pics, also had spotify free app, if pax wa going to a concert I would play the bands music, then after about a week I learned that pax are solesucking ahole, and never did it again, also tossed the aux cord in the glove box never to be seen, and I never ever gave out water.

Chocoholic

NO, BUT I WANT TO GET A SAMSUNG GALAXY FOLD AND MOUNT MY $1,980 PHONE UP WHERE PAX CAN GET THEIR NASTY PAWS ON IT
Whoa, getting a bit judgy there???? :confusion::cautious::wink:

Or maybe, "I want to get a tablet that's bigger than my phone so I can easily see the navigation maps and directions."

Remember, after about 40 years old, presbyopia is going to start taking it's toll. I had 20/10 vision in my 20's. Decades later? It's 20/45 and getting worse, so the small print is a nightmare. Can't read without glasses.

Last edited:

Z129

-:- * -:- * -:- * -:-

Or maybe, "I want to get a tablet that's bigger than my phone so I can easily see the navigation maps and directions."

Remember, after about 40 years old, presbyopia is going to start taking it's toll. I had 20/10 vision. Decades later? It's 20/45 so the small print is a nightmare. Can't read without glasses.

I went from using glasses (dollar store readers) when reading or working on the computer to using trifocals when driving and using bifocals for reading/using the computer/phone in 4 years.

It wasn't so much a rapid decline in vision rather it was a recognition that I really needed my vision corrected. By the way, if you need reading glasses to read and you're stuck without them at a restaurant or something, form a tight little pin hole by rolling your finger tightly and you can see perfectly through that pin hole.

MOJAVE MADMAN

I went from using glasses (dollar store readers) when reading or working on the computer to using trifocals when driving and using bifocals for reading/using the computer/phone in 4 years.

It wasn't so much a rapid decline in vision rather it was a recognition that I really needed my vision corrected. By the way, if you need reading glasses to read and you're stuck without them at a restaurant or something, form a tight little pin hole by rolling your finger tightly and you can see perfectly through that pin hole.

HAHA I USED TO DO THAT IN HIGH SCHOOL

WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL IT WASNT COOL TO WEAR GLASSES LIKE TODAY AND YOU WERE AN AUTOMATIC DORK

I HAD THE ART OF LEANING ON MY HAND LOOKING THROUGH THE TINY HOLE DOWN PAT

Omega 3

NO, BUT I WANT TO GET A SAMSUNG GALAXY FOLD AND MOUNT MY $1,980 PHONE UP WHERE PAX CAN GET THEIR NASTY PAWS ON IT
Good plan. I think I will just be the only one allowed to use the tablet.

Used a tablet only, free hangouts app as the phone number, pax never had a chance to get my number from uber, used a cupholder mount , no pics, also had spotify free app, if pax wa going to a concert I would play the bands music, then after about a week I learned that pax are solesucking ahole, and never did it again, also tossed the aux cord in the glove box never to be seen, and I never ever gave out water.
Yes I can totally understand. The rates being what they are now, we can't afford anything extra.

Remember, after about 40 years old, presbyopia is going to start taking it's toll. I had 20/10 vision in my 20's. Decades later? It's 20/45 and getting worse, so the small print is a nightmare. Can't read without glasses.
presbyopia sucks

When it happens I will remember to try that!

RDWRER

I use a tablet purely for uninterrupted Pandora streaming over Bluetooth while my phone gives directions to my earpiece, but the tablet stays strictly out of sight locked in the glovebox.

Omega 3

I use a tablet purely for uninterrupted Pandora streaming over Bluetooth while my phone gives directions to my earpiece, but the tablet stays strictly out of sight locked in the glovebox.
Good idea. Is the tablet receiving the bluetooth stream from the phone which probably uses 4g?