Anyone Ubering in Elgin this Saturday Sept 23rd?

Sam D

My band is playing in Elgin (Top 40 80s band)- If interesting In box me Ill give you the location and info and Ill buy you a drink. (Unless 30 drivers show up)

Hope to see ya there!

Thanks,
Paul

I mean (Sam)

pizza guy

Weren't 80's bands just a place holder of crappy rock between the greats of the classic era and the resurgence of real rock in the 90's?
That said the puppets of 'Land of Confusion' made one of the best rock videos of all time.

Sam D

Weren't 80's bands just a place holder of crappy rock between the greats of the classic era and the resurgence of real rock in the 90's?
That said the puppets of 'Land of Confusion' made one of the best rock videos of all time.

I like that Land of Confusion video a lot as well.

Everything else ... well .. your entitled to your opinion I suppose

lakersfan1

You shut your mouth!

Mad Medic

Top 40 80s band?

So you gotta be doin at least 1 song by Journey, 1 by Van Halen, 1 by AC/DC, 1 by REO, 1Michael Jackson , definitely Lionel Richtie, David Bowie and Elton John

LoveTheBlues

The GF would be all over this! She's got a thing for the 80's pop of her teens. I have a thing for anything that gets her going! But Elgin; Isn't that somewhere near Cedar Rapids? :wink:

LoveTheBlues

Get real. Elgin near Cedar Rapids. LMFAO
My friends in Lincoln Park tell me anything west of Western is the burbs and anything west of O'Hare is Iowa. :wink:
But I may talk to Deb and see if she wants to venture way out the Jane Adams Saturday night (to the hinterlands) to support a fellow Uber driver and 80s' cover band!
Hey Sam (or Paul); Buddy, Koko, Junior, Bonnie R, The Chief and even Muddy (if you count 1981) were all doing some real cool things in the 80s. Can you throw something in for the Blues? Yeah; I know; not a fit with Cyndi Lauper and Duran Duran :frown: . But I win when you get Deb all excited reliving her youth so it's all good!

Sam D

My friends in Lincoln Park tell me anything west of Western is the burbs and anything west of O'Hare is Iowa. :wink:
But I may talk to Deb and see if she wants to venture way out the Jane Adams Saturday night (to the hinterlands) to support a fellow Uber driver and 80s' cover band!
Hey Sam (or Paul); Buddy, Koko, Junior, Bonnie R, The Chief and even Muddy (if you count 1981) were all doing some real cool things in the 80s. Can you throw something in for the Blues? Yeah; I know; not a fit with Cyndi Lauper and Duran Duran :frown: . But I win when you get Deb all excited reliving her youth so it's all good!

The 80s were my teens - i turned 10 years old in 1980.... I turned 20 in 1990 - Those ten years are the ones that everyone seems to remember most in their life no matter the decade - That being said I am kind of like your lady -- I am very found of almost everything 80s so is my wife - (the female singer in the group) besides that I also believe the 80s we're special because it seemed to me to be a very POSITIVE time period - then in the 90s our culture and art started to get darker and in 2017 ... everything is ANGER!! and maybe rightly so - But I miss the positive feel the 80s had

I can try to get the band play something bluesly -- Maybe during one of our breaks Ill get the guitar player and drummer to stay on with me and we'll do a jam on a I VI V Blues progression for you - I cant gaurnetee it - But Ill try -

an example -- we do Toto - Hold the Line and that barley makes the cut as an "80s" Hit because it was released in 79 but was still a hit in the 80s - same thing with the Knack My Shorana -

Oh the "discussions" we have when a song is released in 79 or late 89 if it really worthy of being in our sets - is laughable - But Ill try get them to jam a short blues during a break for a supporter who drove to IOWA - you know what IOWA stands for (Idiots Out Wandering Around - IOWA) :wink:

DragginMyCouch DMC

My band is playing in Elgin (Top 40 80s band)- If interesting In box me Ill give you the location and info and Ill buy you a drink. (Unless 30 drivers show up)

Hope to see ya there!

Thanks,
Paul

I mean (Sam)
Sam, I read your bio. Pretty good honestly. Bachlers, Masters, helping kids etc. But my fav is 99-08 with Motown Corporate. You ever meet Smokey, Stevie, Marvin or the Queen or like that?

Last edited:

Sam D

Sam, I read your bio. Pretty good honestly. Bachlers, Masters, helping kids etc. But my fav is 99-08 with Motown Corporate. You ever meet Smokey, Stevie, Marvin or the Queen or like that?

Oh Motown is great. Love it. All of it. Used to run a ten piece band with horns that did lots of it ... Windy City same with anything from staxx records (where the queen recorded)