Anyone trying outside Portland yet?

Nova828

So last night was the big launch of OOB, Kennebunk(port), Wells/Ogunquit, and Bar Harbor. Did anyone drive those cities? How did it go? I was waiting to see if they would offer the first 5 rides free like they did with the Portland launch to RSVP, but they didn't. I looked at the rider app a few times and saw a number of cars waiting in those areas. They didn't seem to move much so I can't imagine it went well.

TVGuyJay

Hi there!
I was really excited for the OOB launch last night because I live in Saco and it's much easier to drive there than to drive all the way to portland, but I was online from 4:15pm until about midnight and most of that time I was either driving around or sitting right in downtown and never got a single ping.

Finally I went home and sat on the couch with the app open and eventually got a ping from Biddeford to take a pax to NH. That was the only trip I got all night.

Like Nova, i had the rider app open a few times and noticed that there were about 6 drivers in the same 100' x 100' area in downtown to I dunno if there a local taxi company using this but OOB was saturated.

Meanwhile Portland was in surge most of the night because there was nobody driving it! lol.

I guess I'm on the fence about the new areas. In one way, it'll hopefully spread the existing drivers out a bit, but i have a feeling it'll still stay saturated and be very difficult to get pings.

Any other opinions?
Jay

Nova828

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I doesn't sound like this launch was thought through very well. Maybe it will take awhile and will heat up as it, well, heats up outside. It hasn't really been beach weather yet and I'll bet when tourists come to go to the beach weekend daytime will do quite well and OOB has quite a bar scene on the pier so that should light up nights.

That NH trip sounds like a good one, how much did you make on that? Have you done any driving since?

TVGuyJay

The NH trip was just shy of $100, so I'll see about $80 of that. I also had a trip the next night for minimum fare, (it was like .75 miles). The dude said he could have walked but didn't feel like it. It took me about 3 mins to drive to him, pick him up and drop him off. No major thing, but I didn't mind.

Tula

So last night was the big launch of OOB, Kennebunk(port), Wells/Ogunquit, and Bar Harbor. Did anyone drive those cities? How did it go? I was waiting to see if they would offer the first 5 rides free like they did with the Portland launch to RSVP, but they didn't. I looked at the rider app a few times and saw a number of cars waiting in those areas. They didn't seem to move much so I can't imagine it went well.
How do you see "a number of cars waiting in those areas." . New to this...thanks

Chris's Fusion

Only time I ever go down there is when I drop off. I will go back online after and head back toward Portland. A few times I have gotten pings in Biddeford and they have been profitable fares but I don't go down there unless Im dropping off there.