Anyone try out Amazon Flex deliveries?

Inshur
Just wondering if anyone has tried this out. They advertise that you can expect to make $17-27/hr. I just wanted to see if people have tried this and what can really be made.

DogPound

I don't know how this would work with all the parking agents giving out tickets all the time for double parking to make a delivery.

Ecity

I don't know how this would work with all the parking agents giving out tickets all the time for double parking to make a delivery.
Looks like they had those tickets in mind when they decide to do ONLY bicycle delivery in Manhattan which is btw the only part of NY they are active in so far.

DogPound

Looks like they had those tickets in mind when they decide to do ONLY bicycle delivery in Manhattan which is btw the only part of NY they are active in so far.
Yeah that's what it looks like because there is no way a driver is going to be able to afford those $115 double parking tickets. Only UPS and FedEx can do that.

staytune

$18/hour gross, you pay your own car expense and income taxes. you need to deliver the package and sign by receiver. the chances are you might get a tip from the delivery.

sherlan

Amazon flex operates in Brooklyn too. It's on 2nd av and 30ish street, next to a jail. When I went there didn't see a single TLC car, all private plates. Parking is the no. 1 problem and the sign in the warehouse said that amazon doesn't reimburse parking ticket.

Great point, I hadn't thought about the parking tickets. If they expand to Queens I had thought it might be worth it. They have a 7:30pm (3-hour time block) so I figure I would be less likely to get tickets then. Depending on how uber rates go in the new year, it might be worth a try.

wilzon

I have worked on amazon flex. After you have completed your application, you are able to accept delivery blocks. ( it varies from 1 hour to 4). I delivery using a bike. Since I drive during the afternoon, I pick morning deliveries. It's a good extra income.

Inshur New York