• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone Taking That Ping 45 Miles Away?

JediDriver

I guess the bright side is if you take a ride to Mankato at least there is a chance to get a return ride. I'm reaching here.

dubz

If ya'll fall for those pings further than 10 min away you are screwed. You might as well drive your buddies around for ashtray change.

Hilljacker

I guess the bright side is if you take a ride to Mankato at least there is a chance to get a return ride. I'm reaching here.
Yup, that would be a reach but nice if it worked out. I don't think you would get a ping though since you would be out of your home area and not approved to drive in Mankato.

Jvc21

I can only imagine if the destination was going to the cities. It would be a long shot to find someone that wants to go back..

Jvc21

Just the forums! Most of the old members from a couple years ago ar no longer around..

Just watching the cycle repeat itself :smiles:

rebounder

It's funny because I've learned now to drive Lyft after a certain time at night. It gets to the point when I'm the only Lyft driver online, and every single request in the Twin Cities comes to me. I was in Inver Grove dropping a passenger off when I got a ride request from Maple Grove....f*ck that. Denied. I got another one from Eden Prarie...nah. Then a third from Bloomington. Each one was over 20 minutes away. My acceptance rate went down fast in a span of only 10 minutes. Uber is never that bad at night. But Lyft truly is terrible in regards to that. /rant

Jvc21

Is lyft still deactivating people for acceptance rates? Or are they both no longer doing that?

rebounder

Is lyft still deactivating people for acceptance rates? Or are they both no longer doing that?
They aren't deactivating you for it. However, you won't qualify for any bonuses if you fall below 90% acceptance rate...which is extremely easy to do.