1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Anyone Successfully gotten $5,000 sign up bonus in LA?

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by Jwhit16, May 3, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    94.4%
  1. KMANDERSON

KMANDERSON Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I been with lyft since July and don't have 1000 rides

KekeLo and Foober_Lyftz like this.
  2. BostonBarry

BostonBarry Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    June. 2500 (plus 750 uber)

KekeLo and KMANDERSON like this.
  3. johny456us

johny456us Member

I do find this sign up bonus to be demotivating, why are they giving this to new drivers rather than retaining current drivers? I'm driving less and less for both now, as the effort I've put towards my own work has started to pay off, but I was still thinking it'd be worthwhile to keep driving for another 3-6 months or till I'd feel confident in my client base in the new city I recently moved into.

Lyft has had no good promotions for a a few weeks now, and their base rates in LA are pretty ****ty and not worth the wear and tear. If they'd give a $5000 bonus then yeah I'd put in the effort to get it, that'd be worthwhile. But as is, even getting the 20% PDB isn't much of an incentive, for this week it'd only add $1.50 per hour I've put in.

Adieu, Chicago88 and KMANDERSON like this.
  4. Jimmy Bernat

Jimmy Bernat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I could have easily done 1000 rides in 3 months. I avg around 100 total rides a week so 12 weeks would be easy especially with 5000 bucks on the line.
    If u do 100 rides a week u should make 1200 a week x 12 weeks is 14400 plus 5000 is 19400 is Yeah u could easily make 20k in 3 Months. I've made 1700 in a week so 25k wouldn't be that far fetched

5. johny456us

johny456us Member

I just got another text saying they're still taking applicants(1000 allowed), so its been about 10 days since they put out this offer. I guess people aren't jumping at the 'opportunity' to give someone else a chance to get a $5k bonus while the referrer gets just $500. They should have just given this incentive to current drivers, I've barely driven for lyft the past couple weeks as they haven't had any good incentives, and I will most likely just be doing the Uber $30 hourly guarantees this week till I get the 2-2.2x guaranteed surge for next week. And also passively get the passenger referrals for uber people who haven't done Lyft yet. Got 4 of them from last nights 4 hour block of driving, hopefully they actually take a lyft ride this week.

6. Shakey Jake

Shakey Jake Well-Known Member

I am about to start my 1000 rides to get $5000 and I was wondering now that it is 4 months later if anyone got their bonus?

KekeLo likes this.
  7. johny456us

johny456us Member

Your comment popped up in my email, funny that my last comment was the day that I got into an accident that totaled my car. A dumb driver thought he could make a left turn at an intersection on Western Ave through a small gap in the oncoming traffic. He drove straight into my driver side door, flipped my car, rotated it 180 degrees, while I had an Uber passenger in the front seat. If you're going for 1000 rides, then your chances of getting into an accident are much much higher. I know I'm in the minority, but you never know when it could be you.

I will add that thank god it happened with an Uber passenger rather than Lyft. Uber's deductible is $1000, Lyft is an insane $2500. My car has been fully paid off now, and just been using my girlfriend's car since we live together and now we both make our living doing our own business. So in a way, it getting my car totaled was a blessing because it got me out of that horrible dead end rat race of rideshare driving, and forced me to focus on something that is more sustainable for a lifetime with actual progression.

I'll be waiting another 6-9 months for the rest of the insurance claim to be paid out, the other driver was an immigrant with the bare minimum insurance of $5000, and he was clearly at fault, as stated on the police report. I got an attorney the morning after the accident(accident happened at midnight), since it was such a complicated mess. Oh and Geico dropped me since I didn't have rideshare insurance, but I still have my name on my girlfriend's car insurance through geico that I pay. My fault for not getting that insurance, but Uber/Lyft was supposed to be just a 4 month thing, and that accident made it be just a 2 month thing, thank god.

So yeah, I've never been in an accident before, never got a ticket before, but you can't control stupid drivers. Be careful, and if you're only driving for lyft then the rideshare insurance is probably worth it because their $2500 deductible is insane and you'll have to wait a year to get it back if the other driver is at fault. If you're at fault, then kiss the $2500 good bye just to get the payout for your damaged or totaled car.

Oh a couple other points, I had gotten that car last fall, so I had it about 9 months when the accident happened. I stupidly got the extended warranty for 24 months for $2250(first time buying a car through a dealership rather than private seller). I put on about 18000 miles in that amount of time, 8k from a cross country road trip. Then 8k from just lyft/uber in 2 months(first month I was hitting over 1k miles a week till I learned to be more efficient and denied a lot more rides). I was refunded only $400 because its 24 months OR 24,000 miles. Luckily I got a good deal on the car, so I didn't owe anything on the car after the insurance amount, despite the depreciation from so much mileage put on it in a short amount of time. So yeah, the $5000 bonus may sound like a good deal, and if you have nothing else going on in your life then go for it, but if you absolutely anyhting else going in your life that makes you money and at the same time develops your skillset, then do that instead. Uber/Lyft will eat up your time and will not develop your abilities in anything else at all while the payouts get lower and lower.

Flarpy likes this.
  8. dirtylee

dirtylee Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Johnny,
    Talk to a lawyer, seriously. Your entire statement tells me you are easy prey for insurance companies.

Here in TX, their insurance would pay for the car damage including lost value & sales tax, a car rental for me{$50 deductible} , lost wages, medical & never dealing with my own company let alone a ****ing deductible. Liability insurance minimum are 25/50/25.

Adieu and KekeLo like this.
  9. johny456us

johny456us Member

I did get a lawyer in the morning after the accident. The other driver is an immigrant whose insurance is the bare minimum at $5000 property damage in CA so that'll be maxed out fast, Uber's insurance paid the current market value of my car, but I won't get the $1000 deductible back for up to a year once they reach a settlement over the bodily injury, and the rental car compensation is maxed out at 30 days at $30 a day. There's nothing that can be done about the extended warranty refund. This is all very normal and how it goes for everyone. I'm not talking to any insurance company, its all through the lawyer. The car reimbursement was around the 30 day mark after the accident, everything else takes up to a year. If the other driver was a rich guy with the highest premiums, then yeah that'd be awesome, but I got an immigrant with a shady insurance company and Uber's insurance. My personal insurance was 100k property, 50k bodily injury per person with 100k max. Using only the immigrant's insurance would get me next to nothing, so the claim is both against the immigrant's insurance and Uber's since a passenger was in the car.

Uber's first response was if I wanted to rent a car from Enterprise to get back on the road immediately. That doubly sealed the deal to never do ridesharing again as the driver, only using it to my benefit as a passenger.

'California requires drivers to carry at least the following coverages: Bodily InjuryLiability Coverage: $15,000 per person / $30,000 per accident minimum. PropertyDamage Liability Coverage: $5,000 minimum. Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury Coverage: $15,000 per person / $30,000 per accident minimum.'

10. dirtylee

Driving:
    UberX
    Holy **** that's ****ed. 5k is worthless.

11. Flarpy

Flarpy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    So back to the topic... has anyone heard of anyone collecting the $5000? I'm guessing no.

12. Skystern

Skystern New Member

Hey everyone,
    I completed the bonus and it wasn't that hard.Did about 20 rides a day and worked 5 days a week, would work extra on the weekend if didn't have 100 rides by Friday night. I was scared that something will happen till the last day and I wouldn't get the bonus, but got the bonus the same night I finished. Made about 15k in those 3 months including the bonus.Would make way more if worked weekends and nights but I prefered not to and would do my bust to be done by Friday night.I wanted to post this because I didn't see a lot of posts about this bonus and it was a little discouraging while I was trying to accomplish my goal.Hope this helps someone.

Attached Files:

Wiseleo, Eye Contact and BostonBarry like this.
  13. Eye Contact

Eye Contact New Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I got the bonus today too. Showed up in my earnings immediately after, and Lyft sent a confirmation email. It can be done!!

Attached Files:

Wiseleo and BostonBarry like this.
  14. dirtylee

Driving:
    UberX
  15. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Hand raised.

Lifetime average ~$13 / ride, recently had a couple worse weeks but still

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR likes this.
  16. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT

Pssst....LA promos CAN be done in SF

17. skysthelimit88

skysthelimit88 New Member

:) I'm currently at 602 rides with 27 days left..

18. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Damn you better get to work 398 rides in 27 days is almost 15 rides a day .

I love seeing people getting these $5000 bonuses especially around the Holidays .

19. AnfieldRiot

AnfieldRiot New Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I'm locked into a Lyft promo (Seattle) for 6k for the month, 1,500 per week for 50 rides and 50 hours on the clock. So far, so good.

20. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    $1500 on top of your earnings ?

Actually after writing that I remember their $1500 guarantee per week offer . That's not as nice as an offer as it sounds because it ends up being $1125 . But still a great week