1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Anyone Successfully gotten $5,000 sign up bonus in LA?

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by Jwhit16, May 3, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    94.4%
  1. Jwhit16

Jwhit16 New Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Lyft just recently upped their sign up bonuses in a ton of cities. I've been driving for over a year and this is the highest I've seen them across the board. Anyways, it's now $5,000 in LA. The catch is you have to give 1,000 rides in 3 months, which ain't easy. Basically, they want to recruit full time drivers for a guaranteed three months.
    Anyways, wondering if anyone has actually qualified for this?

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2016
  2. JGarcia91

JGarcia91 New Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Yea, I finally convinced my cousin to sign up who lives in downtown LA. He is scheduling his mentor session tomorrow and is eager to start hammering away those 1,000 rides. I am honestly not sure if I could do that many, however he's bound to make anywhere from 10-25K in 3 months Heres another article cashsquad c0m

3. mew

mew Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I would so do that unfortunately I ended up with a ****ty promo where when I do 30 rides, I get $10.

Adieu likes this.
  4. Flarpy

Flarpy Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I'm guessing this is a bait and switch. It will attract drivers galore who will put in a ton of rides for the first few weeks then burn out and fail to reach the 1000 rides.

Smart for Lyft... they get a ton of new drivers who put in a ton of hours (at least for the first month or until they burn out) and they probably won't have many $5000 payouts in the end.

KekeLo and SafeT like this.
  5. BostonBarry

BostonBarry Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    LOL, it's new this week. I don't think anyone, anywhere can do 1k rides in a week.

KMANDERSON likes this.

6. MiddleClassedOut

MiddleClassedOut Well-Known Member

It depends on the oversaturation....Last year I could do 70 rides/week on Lyft in Philly area.

Feasible if 60 hour weeks? Depends on the market. L.A. has to be saturated, and drive times there are much longer because of the notorious traffic.

I bet some people will just fall short. 70 rides/week for 3 months = 840 rides.

7. forqalso

forqalso Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    How about in 3 months, like in the OP?

KekeLo and kingdog like this.
  8. Leftright?

Leftright? Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I think its very possible at 1000 in 3 months especially if there is a 5 week month involved.

KekeLo and Foober_Lyftz like this.
  9. BostonBarry

Driving:
    Lyft
    OP asked if anyone qualified yet. That would be pretty tough given the number of rides and how recently this promotion started.

KekeLo and Brandon0315 like this.
  10. forqalso

forqalso Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeeah, he said recently.

KekeLo and BostonBarry like this.
  11. Chicago88

Chicago88 Well-Known Member

What????? 10K in 3 months???? Insane, plus you think that's the low side.... Hilarious! Try 5K, maybe.

KekeLo likes this.
  12. Ben105

Ben105 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I think he's counting the 5k bonus in that.

KekeLo likes this.
  13. Chicago88

Okay, that might make sense... The 25K though is still hilarious, Uber has everyone fooled. And yes, I know it's a Lyft promotion, but it's Uber's propaganda that has drivers believing they can actually make decent money doing this job.

14. JGarcia91

JGarcia91 New Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I honestly rarely drive and do software development freelance as my main source of income, but there have been days that I've pulled in 500 dollars(after all fees) after 8 hours and 22 rides during surge periods.. At the BAREST of minimums your rides are going to generally be 5-7 dollars meaning you would make 5K on top of the bonus. In LA my average rides are 8-15 dollars. Do the MATH its not unfeasible to actually make a decent amount of money, but it's a massive commitment.

BostonBarry likes this.
  15. Chicago88

Actually your barest of minimums is $2.25 and at best you'll average $7-8 earrings from $10-12 fares.....at best. If someone is averaging $10-12 raise your hand, join in.... I've never seen that driver. $500 days are almost impossible.... Can you do that 3-4 times a month? No, there aren't enough events that generate that kind of money (St. Paddy's is once a year). No one is pulling in 6-8K a month anymore (maybe NYC but consider the expense those drivers have as well) and let's not forget this is a Lyft promotion which it's 3 times as hard to find riders.

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR and KekeLo like this.
  16. BostonBarry

Driving:
    Lyft
    I do over 75 rides/week in +/-35 hours and gross at least $1000 between fares, tips, cancellations, and PDB. And I only drive 3-4 days/week. I COULD do much better but this schedule works best for my personal life.

17. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

These driver promos are shams. There's probably many loopholes in those conditions that either lyft/uber can wiggle out of.

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR and KekeLo like this.
  18. johny456us

johny456us Member

I think its very possible, I easily did 70 rides in 35 hours in LA market for 2 weeks straight, but I'm driving for Uber more now as they've had better promotions. I made $681 last weekend with their $35/hr guarantee plus $150 for giving 40 rides plus $100 for I don't know what. Just 15.5 hours.

The best I've done with Lyft is $989 after 38 hours WITH their $150 sign on bonus I got stuck with cause I initially signed up last year but didn't start driving till a month ago, and $60 in passenger referrals. As far as I know, Lyft has no good promos this week, but Uber has a decent 1.8x surge guarantee for long hours, and I can bang out a lot of quick short trips for uber to get the ride bonus as well, but I'm not sure that promo is going on this week(I didn't know it was happening last week).

I don't think LA drivers can make more than an average of $22/hr in LA. Yesterday morning I started strong with $60 in the first hour, but then had **** luck to where my hourly average dropped down to $24/hr for the 6 hours I drove. Oh wait sorry, thats including the 2 2-2.3x surge fares I took for Uber in that time, so it was $18/hr for Lyft, maybe $20/hr if I stayed signed in with them the whole time. This morning came out to an average of $16/hr for 5 hours.

I'm losing faith in Lyft in LA. They have to cap their losses to 50 million a month, and with this $5000 sign on bonus, it seems they won't have good promos going for their current drivers the next few months. Money making time is definitely Thursday to Monday early morning it seems, I'll probably soon cut out driving on tuesdays and wednesdays soon, been consistently the least profitable.

KekeLo likes this.
  19. Lyft_94110

Lyft_94110 Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    In San Francisco I've given as many as 140 rides in a week; time in driver mode = 38 hrs, 1 min.

KekeLo likes this.
  20. Jwhit16

Jwhit16 New Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Sounds like it could be done in some markets, but it's an LA only promo. Not sure how pick-up request density is in LA compared to SF, I'd guess slightly busier in SF...

KekeLo likes this.