Anyone successfully fought an SFO ticket?

avancurran

Got notified about a ticket from June last week.

My issue is that I am 100% positive the ticket wasn't valid. It was for not having the uber trade dress. The same uber trade dress that's been displayed in my front and rear windshields (passenger side) since they came in the mail to replace the old ones. Right above the big green TNC permit that's been displayed in my window since i got it.

Uber support, of course, is just ignoring my emails now after vaguely stating that "appeal is unlikely". (Saying "no" without actually saying it for whatever reason)

I've switched over to lyft so they can't dock my pay, but curious if anyone's successfully fought one of these. Makes me feel a little vulnerable to know that complying with regulation won't stop surprise regulatory tickets, and Uber doesn't have my back when mistakes are made.

UberXking

My issue is that I am 100% positive the ticket wasn't valid. It was for not having the uber trade dress. The same uber trade dress that's been displayed in my front and rear windshields (passenger side) since they came in the mail to replace the old ones. Right above the big green TNC permit that's been displayed in my window since i got it.

Uber support, of course, is just ignoring my emails now after vaguely stating that "appeal is unlikely". (Saying "no" without actually saying it for whatever reason)

I've switched over to lyft so they can't dock my pay, but curious if anyone's successfully fought one of these. Makes me feel a little vulnerable to know that complying with regulation won't stop surprise regulatory tickets, and Uber doesn't have my back when mistakes are made.
Drivers have no support. You are emailing AI. It is programmed to tell you NO. Uber has the info on how many "No's" it takes for you to go away. Problem solved.
The airport is greedy. SFO makes well over 22 million a year from us drivers bringing them customers and then has the gall to ticket us when they should be spiffing us. We drivers are a bunch of idiots.

Carbalbm

Drivers have no support. You are emailing AI. It is programmed to tell you NO. Uber has the info on how many "No's" it takes for you to go away. Problem solved.
The airport is greedy. SFO makes well over 22 million a year from us drivers bringing them customers and then has the gall to ticket us when they should be spiffing us. We drivers are a bunch of idiots.

Just to clear this up, SFO has a permit with Uber/Lyft. They do not have permits with individual drivers. So when the airport issues a fine, it goes directly to Uber/Lyft. They are responsible for paying it or disputing it. The driver has no recourse.

As for the amount of money SFO makes off of Uber/Lyft, it doesn't matter to the airport. $0m, $5m, $50m... the airport is a residual rate-making airport. If they make less than their budgeted expenses, the airlines pay more. If they make more than their budgeted expenses, the airlines pay less. It's a zero sum game for the airport. They have no vested interest in one transportation mode than another, other than reducing congestion (which Uber/Lyft have caused more traffic on the roadways than ever).

Loralie

Go to uber support center speak with a person. If you"ve never receieved an sfo ticket before than most likely they will take this off as a courtesy. When i recieved some bullshit ticket for something i didnt even understand i went there and at first they didnt want to help me. The support person kept telling me to go to the website. I told them not once for 3 years of rideshare driving have i ever recieved a ticket at sfo and that its completely wrong of them to not notify me and take my pay away. I told them that if they do this Im done with uber and the support guy went to his manager and came back and said they would do this for me as one time courtesy. I suggest you do the same and stay strong dont let them tell you to handle it through the website. Goodluck i hope it gets taken care of.

SpaceWheels

Was this on pick up or drop off? I don’t do dress - but I don’t pick up at airport.

I do however drop off at airport.

They have no way of knowing it’s an UBER right?

Pick up or drop off how did they track you? Did they stop you there in the act?

Carbalbm

Was this on pick up or drop off? I don’t do dress - but I don’t pick up at airport.

I do however drop off at airport.

They have no way of knowing it’s an UBER right?

Pick up or drop off how did they track you? Did they stop you there in the act?

They write down your license plate and send the ticket to Uber/Lyft. Uber/Lyft confirm if you were driving for them and boom... ticket appears on your account. The whole airport has license plate readers throughout.

JPilla

Contest it with a request to prove the validity with a picture. Uber wont back you for anything. I literally had to call Uber and talk with them personally and have them check the time I was online to show that I wasn't when I picked up my mother from the arrivals. BTW I won that. The first thing I did was call and request the reason....because they literally didn't have a reason. Just the amount was on the ticket.

SpaceWheels

So if the ticket is for no DRESS how do they know you are UBER?

Ok so they fish with UBER to find out? UBER gives you up? Well that sucks.

Is there any winning this game at all?

So many damn risks.

As bad On drop off?

Carbalbm

So if the ticket is for no DRESS how do they know you are UBER?

Guys watch 1,000s of cars a day pick up and drop off. You don't think they can figure out which ones are Ubers? Regardless, if they think you are and don't have a trade dress, the airport just sends it to Uber and Lyft. The company, under their permits, will confirm or deny.

Loralie

Go to uber support center. Tell them you want it removed or your not working for them anymore. Worked for me.