Anyone successfully appeal "unsafe incidents" deactivation

I got my second report that a passenger was "uncomfortable with my driving speed", and am now deactivated for having "multiple reports of unsafe incidents". According to the message, "our decision is final".

I offered to show them the dashcam footage when I got the first report a few months ago and the response was "this is not an accusation". Which just seems like garbage policy now that its obvious they're basing deactivation decisions on the reports. The 2nd report was from a week after I last drove. I have no idea which trips these reports came from.

Obviously they are purposefully trying to avoid the cost of providing any sort of due process (which seems like it should be illegal), so I don't have high hopes. It probably also doesn't help that I have <500 trips and my rating is above minimum but not high, although I know from other threads that drivers with higher trips and ratings have also been deactivated like this.

I'm planning on taking my dashcam videos to the greenlight hub to try to get reinstated, but I want to see if anyone has experience successfully doing that for being permanently deactivated for "unsafe incidents" or will I just be wasting my time.

Merc7186

If these is a positive you can take from all this....when you go to your GLH , the chances are higher that the person you speak with actually speaks english.

...but thats about the only thing that will come from it. Driver for the other company if you wish to continue to rideshare.

flyntflossy10

you don't know who reported you. Uber will not tell you who reported you. Do you really expect the guy at the Hub will sift through all of your footage to prove you drive safe? Get real. Sign up for Lyft.

polar2017

Interesting.
I have had numerous complaints for unsafe driving. Never told what occurred.
Only a message regarding it.
My favorite sandwich is a citation for professionalism with unsafe driving.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the replies. My lyft account is in good standing, so I guess I still have that. Speaking of lyft, are they any better when it comes to this type of situation?

whiskeyboat

The app has a little display in the corner that shows your speed relative to what it thinks is the posted speed limit.
I wonder if they reference that in these cases?

tohunt4me

The app has a little display in the corner that shows your speed relative to what it thinks is the posted speed limit.
I was doing 7 m.p.h. lying on my couch

Very Accurate !

The Earth spins at 600 m.p.h.

REPORT IT !

People on a Rock Flying through space should not be so fussy!

FLKeys

GPS quirks can throw that number off. Plus one area I drive by every day is posted 50 and pops up in the app as 35 for about 100 yards. I'll have to look for a particular trip I was on last year one day. It popped up that I was going 135 MPH in a 45 zone. After the trip I saw the path on the map made me look like I made a u-turn came back 1/2 a mile than made another u-turn and proceeded to destination. That was where the GPS anomaly happened and said I was going 135 MPH.

I got my second report that a passenger was "uncomfortable with my driving speed", and am now deactivated for having "multiple reports of unsafe incidents". According to the message, "our decision is final".

I offered to show them the dashcam footage when I got the first report a few months ago and the response was "this is not an accusation". Which just seems like garbage policy now that its obvious they're basing deactivation decisions on the reports. The 2nd report was from a week after I last drove. I have no idea which trips these reports came from.

Obviously they are purposefully trying to avoid the cost of providing any sort of due process (which seems like it should be illegal), so I don't have high hopes. It probably also doesn't help that I have <500 trips and my rating is above minimum but not high, although I know from other threads that drivers with higher trips and ratings have also been deactivated like this.

I'm planning on taking my dashcam videos to the greenlight hub to try to get reinstated, but I want to see if anyone has experience successfully doing that for being permanently deactivated for "unsafe incidents" or will I just be wasting my time.
How does that whole arbitration thing work? May be worth looking into.

SJCorolla

I'm curious to know how Uber decides deactivations based on these unsafe driving reports. So far, I've had three over the years: one for allegedly going too fast, one for going too slow, and one for "uncomfortable traffic maneuvers". Also a report on professionalism/arguing with a rider. How close am I to being next on the chopping block? Does my Uber Pro status mean anything? Support will not give me a straight answer, so I sometimes can't sleep at night while I worry about my career prospects.

ECOMCON

I'm curious to know how Uber decides deactivations based on these unsafe driving reports. So far, I've had three over the years: one for allegedly going too fast, one for going too slow, and one for "uncomfortable traffic maneuvers". Also a report on professionalism/arguing with a rider. How close am I to being next on the chopping block? Does my Uber Pro status mean anything? Support will not give me a straight answer, so I sometimes can't sleep at night while I worry about my career prospects.
I’m “curious to know” ur other “career prospects”

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am now a uber again. I don't think my videos helped (I only showed the rep a few seconds of a random ride), but I do think going to GLH was worth it.

PaxiCab

I am now a uber again. I don't think my videos helped (I only showed the rep a few seconds of a random ride), but I do think going to GLH was worth it.

Wait so, the green light hub reinstated your Uber account? I’ve never heard of a successful reactivation