• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone planning on working the Georgia Southern crowd?

JimS

So last night was pretty slow in Savannah. Kept seeing surge pricing but didn't see it on the map. Until I zoomed WAY out to Statesboro. If it was 1.5x there on most of a Thursday night, wonder how tonight will be? Anyone from Savannah think it's worth the drive out there or is Savannah busy enough on a Friday night?

UberJodfie

Depends...I know I couple guys who nomally drive down from up there the bar crowd is very strong there but most the time they walked home when I went there... remember surge pricing doesn't mean they're gonna pay that...

raneldo

Things slow in HHI last night too. Closer to Statesboro, though. Thinking of trying up there tonight. Anyone tried it to see if you can make any money?

JimS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I asked another driver who said there were only two cars there. I want to see the quality of these drunk kids to see if it's worth the 120 dead head miles.

JimS

I'd like to get my SC inspection and find out...

Note about the Anti-Surge: I actually got a pop up on the partner app when it was slow saying "would you like to go offline?" Sort of the opposite of when I tried to go offline and it said "Surge pricing in effect, are you sure?" when the surge was 60 miles away. I wish it would let me stay offline and tell me "Hey surge pricing in effect! Wanna go online?"

Last edited:

JimS

Headed to Statesboro to check out the scene....

JimS

Statesboro was a bust. Beer spilled in by car (better than puke), short trips, 1/2 hour between pings. S l o w. Good for drivers who live there, not worth going out there for it.