Anyone on here lease a car through Uber?

Victorvnv

I just took an Uber from my mechanic shop some guy driving a new Jetta.

So we were talking about current bonuses and he said that he leases the car from Uber for 180$ a week and those money includes free maintence plus free insurance.

On top of that he also said that he gets the same bonuses like I do but he also gets another quest bonus just because he leases the car and if he completes that his lease is basically free.

Anyone have experience with this? If true than leasing from Uber is way better than whoring out my own car

BiggerDog

It is a program that is out there. It maybe preliminary to their better drivers when this switches to an employee model.

Victorvnv

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just saw this . Wtf you get 305$ each week for 120 trips ??? And here I am busting my ass doing 110 for 135$ and that’s for 4 days. And insurance is included . I just bought a new car but now I am thinking to lease from Uber this is way better than what we currently have

Attachments

uberhernder

I leased thru Maven..at least I can drive on either platform. Unli mileage, insurance, maintenance and repair . I can pretty much earned enough weekly bonus to cover the rental cost.

I put way too many miles driving in the southbay to use my own vehicle thats why I rent
Post automatically merged:

Victorvnv

I am leasing car through hertz. 240 a week you get 305 if you do 120 trips and 185 for 70 trips
Do they combine? Like 305+185 for 120 or one OR the other? Also is this everything you get as far as bonus? ctb? Regular quest?

eazycc

Do keep in mind if you lease that you are ineligible for any of the bonuses. So no consequtive trip bonuses and no quest.

Jaredgeorge29

Do they combine? Like 305+185 for 120 or one OR the other? Also is this everything you get as far as bonus? ctb? Regular quest?
No. You just get 305 for 120. First week will be prorated depending on when you get the car. First week you also get double bonus. After that it reset. Bonus reset Monday. So if you rent a car say Tuesday your bonus from hertz starts Wednesday and you will still have regular Uber bonuses.

I have fallen behind since I hate driving but you could easily make 2400 a week with less work minus 240 for car

lighthouse

It works if you don’t drive too much , 70 rides is my sweet spot lol but I worry about taxes and what to do with no mileage to deduct

I just saw this . Wtf you get 305$ each week for 120 trips ??? And here I am busting my ass doing 110 for 135$ and that’s for 4 days. And insurance is included . I just bought a new car but now I am thinking to lease from Uber this is way better than what we currently have
You aren't getting $305 for 120 rides since the lease is $200. You are getting $105 for 120 Rides. remember thats $800 a month on a car.. You can fiance another cheap prius for Less than $200 a month.. Still not a good deal. I mean it's better than nothing but not a good idea. I mean it's not terrible..But still not a smart decision if you don't NEED to use it.

Victorvnv

You aren't getting $305 for 120 rides since the lease is $200. You are getting $105 for 120 Rides. remember thats $800 a month on a car.. You can fiance another cheap prius for Less than $200 a month.. Still not a good deal. I mean it's better than nothing but not a good idea. I mean it's not terrible..But still not a smart decision if you don't NEED to use it.
Your car depreciates so that’s valid even if you own your car. With me putting 7000 miles a month that’s as much as how much my own car depreciates

eazycc

It works if you don’t drive too much , 70 rides is my sweet spot lol but I worry about taxes and what to do with no mileage to deduct

Lets do some math:
70 rides is roughly 24 hours of work give or take, right?
The rental from Fair is 180, but I'll round it to $200 to make the numbers a little nicer.
200/24 = $8.33 hr, 180/24= $7.5 hr

You're willing to lose $8 an hr to have a car?
Granted insurance is included and it gets cheaper if you give more rides, but still.

Also when I tracked my miles I'd log ~5000 a month when I was really driving, but I'm focusing on getting a data science job so I drive maybe half that.

5000 miles * .545 = $2725 in tax deductions a month, and you can deduct insurance.
Car rental $800 + gas.
You're leaving (losing) a lot of money on the table by doing this.

Your car depreciates so that’s valid even if you own your car. With me putting 7000 miles a month that’s as much as how much my own car depreciates
Depreciation is relative. Depreciation will hurt a lot more on a brand new Mercedes S class vs a brand new Honda Fit since it's based on a percentage. And if you are keeping the car until it dies, then that value is pretty irrelevant, right?

You have to be smart about which cars you buy.. My first uber car was a 2008 prius with 209k miles. bought it for 4k. Drove it to 300k Miles sold it for 2.5k... Next car is a 2005 Prius bought it at 150k miles for 5k. Drove it to 210k miles and about to sell for $3500-4,000. Plus all the money i made OFF the car from driving Uber it covers your depreciation. If you are smart about which cars you buy depreciation isn't an issue. Moral of the story buy cheaper solid used cars then buying a new car. Never buy a new car to drive for Uber.

RideshareSpectrum

No. You just get 305 for 120. First week will be prorated depending on when you get the car. First week you also get double bonus. After that it reset. Bonus reset Monday. So if you rent a car say Tuesday your bonus from hertz starts Wednesday and you will still have regular Uber bonuses.

I have fallen behind since I hate driving but you could easily make 2400 a week with less work minus 240 for car
Does surge appear on your map?

lighthouse

Lets do some math:
The rental from Fair is 180, but I'll round it to $200 to make the numbers a little nicer.

Granted insurance is included and it gets cheaper if you give more rides, but still.

Also when I tracked my miles I'd log ~5000 a month when I was really driving, but I'm focusing on getting a data science job so I drive maybe half that.

5000 miles * .545 = $2725 in tax deductions a month, and you can deduct insurance.
Car rental $800 + gas.

Depreciation is relative. Depreciation will hurt a lot more on a brand new Mercedes S class vs a brand new Honda Fit since it's based on a percentage. And if you are keeping the car until it dies, then that value is pretty irrelevant, right?
It’s not for everyone but I can tell you that it’s worth it for me for now and yes my own car is just parked doing nothing .

I have a hybrid 2017 from hertz and within 3 or 4 months it’s coming to 80k in miles , I got it at 40k the rate I pile on miles is just insane and here is even what’s more troubling ! I’m not making enough money :frown: I average 1500$ each month doing roughly 80 trips a week

If I drove my own car , I would have no offers from Uber since I’m not doing their crazy quests nor waking up at 6am to chase cbd which btw I hate so much ! I don’t stop in corners , I don’t double park during rush hour , I don’t pick up in the mission ever lol I don’t pick up people with low ratings

Short story Uber incentives are useless to me when I drive my own car and don’t even remind me about depreciation lol I got hit at Whole Foods few days ago , lady just drove away ! I got out looked at damage then watched her drive away didn’t even bother chasing her

I could go on and on ! Only thing I have to figure out is taxes but I really don’t want to drive my own car again on Uber because renting works out so much better

You have to be smart about which cars you buy.. My first uber car was a 2008 prius with 209k miles. bought it for 4k. Drove it to 300k Miles sold it for 2.5k... Next car is a 2005 Prius bought it at 150k miles for 5k. Drove it to 210k miles and about to sell for $3500-4,000. Plus all the money i made OFF the car from driving Uber it covers your depreciation. If you are smart about which cars you buy depreciation isn't an issue. Moral of the story buy cheaper solid used cars then buying a new car. Never buy a new car to drive for Uber.
People are different like I would never drive a 2008 Prius unless I’m completely desperate and it’s the only option but it came to that I would just get a regular job

It’s not for everyone but I can tell you that it’s worth it for me for now and yes my own car is just parked doing nothing .

I have a hybrid 2017 from hertz and within 3 or 4 months it’s coming to 80k in miles , I got it at 40k the rate I pile on miles is just insane and here is even what’s more troubling ! I’m not making enough money :frown: I average 1500$ each month doing roughly 80 trips a week

If I drove my own car , I would have no offers from Uber since I’m not doing their crazy quests nor waking up at 6am to chase cbd which btw I hate so much ! I don’t stop in corners , I don’t double park during rush hour , I don’t pick up in the mission ever lol I don’t pick up people with low ratings

Short story Uber incentives are useless to me when I drive my own car and don’t even remind me about depreciation lol I got hit at Whole Foods few days ago , lady just drove away ! I got out looked at damage then watched her drive away didn’t even bother chasing her

I could go on and on ! Only thing I have to figure out is taxes but I really don’t want to drive my own car again on Uber because renting works out so much better

People are different like I would never drive a 2008 Prius unless I’m completely desperate and it’s the only option but it came to that I would just get a regular job
What are you talking about desperate? It's not called being desperate it's called being smart. I Bought a 2008 prius Just for Uber. I've always had two cars. My other car is for enjoyment. The Prius is Cheap, reliable, and efficient. It eats up miles and gets beat up by PAX but i don't care thats why i bought it. It's not about being desperate , you just have a sensitive ego and don't want to be seen in a prius. So yes you are right people are different as in people are Dumb.

dragnet

Lets do some math:

Car rental $800 + gas.
Yay! Finally, someone else here can do math!

Victorvnv

Lets do some math:

Car rental $800 + gas.

I am not much of a math person but I like graphs.

Can you graph these calculations and post on here? Thanks !

I am the opposite of you I always had the worst luck buying old used cars and that always have caused me more money in the long run than buying a new car.

There is also the quality of life thing- my car is like my office or even home- I spend more time in it doing Uber than I spend at my house. So although it may be more expensive I much rather spend the next 2-3 years in a new fun car than an old one that’s like 3 generations behind current cars.