• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone noticing less "notifications" sent to driver upon arrival?

Phasmatrope

Hey all, so I noticed that the Lyft app changed recently (or at least, I changed to a newer Droid phone, and maybe was able to get a newer version of the app on it?), which does more clearly notify you-- in pink, or purple-- if a potential fare is a regular Lyft, or a Line, in case you don't want to accept it (I tend to accept most everything, but overall am not a big fan of Line).

However, I have noticed a weird inconsistency in the app recently: a LOT of the time, when I'm arriving to pick up a pax (I'm currently using Google Maps to navigate to the address, and it'll switch back to the Lyft app when you get close), it'll IMMEDIATELY pop up with the pax's destination-- IF they even put it in-- and the majority of the time, will NOT send out the purple "notification" to the pax (giving you the 2 or so minutes for them to get to you).

This is important and frustrating, because on more than one occasion, I've arrived to locations where the pax is NOWHERE to be found, is not answering the phone when I try calling them, and in some cases, have even moved on... I even arrived for one jerk the other night who I couldn't find, and when I called him, he said he'd already gotten a ride home, and left ("I called Lyft a long time ago" he told me... I mean, doesn't the app just directly notify you if you're the one nearby?? Or might another driver have cancelled, then the request was routed to me??).

Clearly, the thoughtless prick should've just cancelled the ride, and because the app didn't send out the notification to them/me, I couldn't just mark him as a "no show" (and in turn, get the no show fee). So I basically got NOTHING, despite the time/effort/gas spent driving to him.

So, is this a glitch with the app?? Some official change?? Or does it ONLY send the Notification/give you the 2 minutes if it's during Prime time??

AllenChicago

I'm still getting the countdown timer after pressing the arrived button for Lyft line passengers. Have the latest app too.

the latest app update did stop showing the little Gray Line indicating where the passenger is going.

Flarpy

Clearly, the thoughtless prick should've just cancelled the ride, and because the app didn't send out the notification to them/me, I couldn't just mark him as a "no show" (and in turn, get the no show fee). So I basically got NOTHING, despite the time/effort/gas spent driving to him.
Sound like some weird glitches. No, this has never happened to me. I only get the destination screen after I've tapped "Arrive." If the pax isn't there, I wait 5 minutes, send a text to the pax, then cancel, drive off and get my $5.

Phasmatrope

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Flarpy. Well that's actually my point, when we hit "Arrive," isn't the app generally supposed to send a notification to the pax?? (and in turn, give us the screen with the 2-or-so minute countdown for them to arrive to our vehicle so we can hit the purple button to "Pickup," if they don't arrive, we can count them as a "No Show"?).

Because I'm only getting that "Pickup" screen very infrequently. So I don't know if it's a glitch in the app, if that only appears at certain times (or worse yet, they've done so intentionally, so that we drivers to wait longer before being able to collect our $5 'no show' fee...).

Flarpy

Yeah that's only for Line.

For normal Lyft pickups you get the "Arrive" button, then a confirmation button pops up, then a destination field pops up if they haven't yet entered a destination.