Anyone know how to opt out of uber pet?

Jeepster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Had first one although "uber pet" didn't appear on app until I reached destInation i.e. no real heads up.

Idiot from driver support swore I couldn't opt out but I figured out it's on same page where you opt out of pool.
Post automatically merged:

Just don’t turn it on
Apparently they auto enroll you.

dssoper

I'm a sucker for animals so I welcome them with open arms! Ha ha! And i have leather seats so it's all good!

DriverRI

Had first one although "uber pet" didn't appear on app until I reached destInation i.e. no real heads up.

Idiot from driver support swore I couldn't opt out but I figured out it's on same page where you opt out of pool.

Apparently they auto enroll you.
Where do you opt out of pool? Mine seems attached to x trips.

deplorable1

Where do you opt out of pool? Mine seems attached to x trips.
On the main page of app, tap where it says “you’re offline”..then tap the bottom right corner where the two bars with circles on them are..

On the main page of app, tap where it says “you’re offline”..then tap the bottom right corner where the two bars with circles on them are..
***don’t forget to tap SAVE**

Jeepster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
FYI Uber has opted me back in to uber pet three times now. I pity the support staff who take my calls.

Watch your settings.

tcc83

I leave pet on all the time and never have gotten one. How many are y’all getting?

DriverRI

I turned it off as soon as it was available. I’ve had a few X rides with pets, I would rather avoid them if possible.

AustinAD99

***don’t forget to tap SAVE**
Shouldn't that be a STAY button...

So does the pax pay extra?
If so, how much don't we get?

AustinAD99

Why would anyone pay extra for a something they've gotten for free by saying the dog is a service dog?

And is that $2.88 the drivers 'share'? Uber probably charges the pax $5.

El Gato

Haven't had one yet despite having it on, but I have had one pax get in with a dog that was on x. I thought it was pet by checked later to see she had requested an x ride. Missed out on my $2.33 :/

Ziggy

Haven't had one yet despite having it on, but I have had one pax get in with a dog that was on x. I thought it was pet by checked later to see she had requested an x ride. Missed out on my $2.33 :/
You could have contacted Uber to tell them she had a pet and you would have gotten the extra fee ...