Anyone here have a nyc suburbs account?

Inshur

burgerflipper

It's far from being finalized, but there's a good chance I'll be leaving the city in a month or two, and in preparation I'd like to set up an nyc suburbs account, what I'd like to know, if any of you have done it, is whether they deactivate your city account when you apply. I've heard that's how it works most of the time but I also remember some people here had both accounts active at the same time.

Also, I've heard rumors that you can request to be grandfathered in to "25% commission" rates instead of the "30% commission" which new suburbs drivers get, does anyone have any experience with that?

Zubera

It's far from being finalized, but there's a good chance I'll be leaving the city in a month or two, and in preparation I'd like to set up an nyc suburbs account, what I'd like to know, if any of you have done it, is whether they deactivate your city account when you apply. I've heard that's how it works most of the time but I also remember some people here had both accounts active at the same time.

Also, I've heard rumors that you can request to be grandfathered in to "25% commission" rates instead of the "30% commission" which new suburbs drivers get, does anyone have any experience with that?
I have both. You can have two separate accounts on uber and only one account on lyft. Open new account with a new email.

bilyvh

Suburbs driving sucks balls. I drove in Westchester/CT for 2 days and then LI for 1 day and threw in the towel. Made something like $10 hr/net (driving a Prius) for both but putting on heavy miles because of the commute (I live in Queens). Not worth it in my opinion, but hey give it a shot. Check out the LI and Westchester forums for feedback from other drivers. Also, take into account the insurance situation, very important factor.

UberMazda6

Are the new NYC accounts also paying 30% to Uber?

Vishnu643

Grandfathered in is a myth.

Maxxxx84

Yeah the commission is the same but the rate is much lower and usually only demand during morning Rush hour to train station and weekend late night demand and if you are lucky you might get surge here and there but if you drive in NYC with tlc rate, I don't think you will want to drive in Long island or NJ but do see steady surge during weekend in Westchester.

burgerflipper

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Long Island is probably pretty slow, but I'm talking westchester and jersey. im not moving to the island so dont worry.

keep in mind that im renting a car here. never wanted to invest in newish car and insurance since im never more than 6 months away from quitting. for suburbs i'll buy an old car for a few bucks and maybe even net more than im netting here :cool:

jtd617

Sorry to bring up an old thread but i go upstate ( hudson valley area ) on weekends and i was told i can do nyc suburbs which includes nj/ct & dutchess/putnam/orange/ulster/rockland counties as well from a friend from point to point in the suburbs but only if u have a separate non tlc plated vehicle ( which i do )

I dont want to lose nyc business but when i escape for the weekends to the hudson valley id like to make some $$$ too

Rates are lower but tips are far better. Anyone else do two geographic areas with separate cars???

Inshur New York