1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Anyone Having Trouble Logging into App?

Discussion in 'San Francisco' started by RedoBeach, Nov 7, 2016.

1. RedoBeach

RedoBeach

I was logged in fine earlier today but since have been unable to log back in. The app was experiencing issues like connecting to Waze, but at least I was able to drive. I reset my password and still no luck. Online portal in the browser works just fine with both old password & new password.

2. I was having trouble this afternoon .. it would show I was online and then display some error message, but I wasn't showing on the passenger app, so I wasn't actually online.

endless problems with their app

RedoBeach likes this.
  3. RedoBeach

RedoBeach

It took me an entire day to be able to log back in. Of course, non of that time will be compensated by FUber.

4. Strange Fruit

Strange Fruit

Driving:
    UberX
    Those cars on the rider app aren't real cars. That's what I read anyway. People see cars on their block in the app, then order a ride and there's a long wait time. No actual cars on their block. Uber responded with several different reasons for this, depending on who you asked. They all acknowledged that they weren't real cars. It's just a visual effect. "like a screen saver" one Uber rep said. My source is my memory. Sorry. It's probably easy to find though, if you're interested.
    {I'm not saying you were online in this particular situation, just cautioning against using the passenger app in the future to tell you if your car is online or not}

5. Da Ub

Da Ub

Driving:
    UberX
    Well that does explain why there is lack of a surge this weekend. phantom cars

6. RedoBeach

RedoBeach

The other cars may be phantom cars, but I'm pretty sure the one over the blue dot legitimately represents our car when we are logged in. During the time my app wasn't accepting Pool trips for a couple months my vehicle would always show under request UberX screen when I was logged on but would disappear when I toggled over to Pool.