1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Anyone having problems with Lyft app?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by excel2345, Jul 1, 2017.

1. excel2345

excel2345 Active Member

Mine keeps freezing or losing contact even though I have 5 bars or wifi. The only way I can get it online is to boot my phone.
    This started when lyft separated into two apps. Anyone else having this issue?

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Everything anout Lyft aggravates me.

3. Lapetak

Lapetak Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I do too, just dont close the app and you will be okay.

4. Dreamcrusher

Dreamcrusher Member

same issue

5. camel

camel New Member

A lot of flaws that I have a feeling that Lyft app gets virus or hacked many times.

6. pmsnds

pmsnds New Member

I've been getting a lot of msgs that there is "no connectivity - go to another area"

7. Drivincrazy

Drivincrazy Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I get a message that pax has canceled the ride when I never even saw the ride request come into phone.
    Also, how about the silent canc elations on both apps? I can be driving towards pax, suddenly, there is no ride. A text message comes later.

8. evilchuck2

evilchuck2 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    the app freezes on me all of the time to the point where I stop using the lyft drivers app.

9. pmsnds

pmsnds New Member

I get poor connectivity all the time. I also have major issues with Google maps.

10. d0n

d0n Well-Known Member

Both uber and lyft hoard your connection as a way to stop each other, the one who always claims victory is uber though.

Although you may have a high connection, remember that moving around switches your signal, you may have full bars but until you run speed tests, you do not know what bandwidth you are being offered in the area; the high bandwidth consumption from both apps renders one or the other app useless or it may skip pings going to you.

Get 2 phones.

FrankLStanton likes this.
  11. MyrtleBeachDriver

MyrtleBeachDriver New Member

Was using it last night and several times it froze on me. I had to force close it and restart it. I also had incidents where I went offline, and minutes later I am getting ride requests that I cannot take and affects my acceptance ratings. I watched it go offline each time. Don't understand how it's back online. Very aggravating functionality of it lately.

12. BrunoG

BrunoG Active Member

The Lyft app seems to be more sensitive about it's connection back to the mothership than the Uber app is. I run both at once and seldom get messages from Uber about losing connection.

13. d0n

d0n Well-Known Member

They simply have a worse encoding for packets, **** one company makes 8 billion a year the other makes a billion or less, who do you think has better coders?

Still simply split it.

dolllarchaser likes this.